fusion essential led g9 Anyone? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss fusion essential led g9 Anyone? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Julie.

Broke Internet
Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone experience of the fusion essential led g9 available from CEF ?

They are considerably cheaper than Philips, or Osram but not so much like the "unknown" brands touted about the Internet sales.

Yeah, in particular the G9, there is a bit of an issue with Philips, and Osram (and many others) due to the small size and overheating.

So I am looking for something that's ok in g9.

Lots of luminaires all with G9's - looking for a suitable lamp for all of them as standard.

I've fitted quite a few LAP G9 lamps. Way I see it is the big brands aren't particularly reliable where G9s are concerned, so why not fit the cheapest? Turns out they aren't too bad and I've seen very few failures over the last couple of years.

I've fitted quite a few LAP G9 lamps. Way I see it is the big brands aren't particularly reliable where G9s are concerned, so why not fit the cheapest? Turns out they aren't too bad and I've seen very few failures over the last couple of years.

Thanks, yeah strangely enough I found the cheap "Dial" G9s from B&Q/tradepoint to be better than the big names, but they appear to have dropped them in favour of jacobsen, which again I have little knowledge about their reliability in G9

Think I've seen one fail after a reasonable period of time and one fail within a few hour's use. I can live with that average considering a pack of five costs about the same as one brand name lamp.

Edit: Just looked at the Screwfix website and they're no longer sold in packs of five - pack of two costs slightly less than five had previously.

Yeah 20 lamps is circ

£92 for LAP
£85 for Jacobsen
£105 for fusion essential
£ 140 for Philips

Big differences, but completely unknown difference in reliability.

G9s have such a problem with reliability it's difficult to decide what's best

Reply to fusion essential led g9 Anyone? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net