Have my water pipes been plumbed the wrong way? plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter jennys07
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 205

Discuss Have my water pipes been plumbed the wrong way? plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have my water pipes been plumbed the wrong way? Good morning,

I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked.

Now we have moved back we have no hot water. British gas came for 5 hours on saturday and replaced every single part of the boiler to do with the hot water as well as the heat pump. After not knowing what else it could be, the engineer was able to manually ‘trick the boiler’ and turn the hot water on at the boiler - you could hear it firing up to heat. However, when I turned on any of the hot taps (kitchen sink, 2 bathroom sinks, bath tub, 2 showers), no hot water would feed through.

The gas man said that it’s most likely that either something has been plumbed in the wrong way, a shower isolator valve has been left off or I have a faulty shower mixer. Does this sound right? I explained this to my builder who completely disagrees and said I need a new boiler but british gas have said even if I replaced the boiler I would have the same issue.

Our central heating works fine. As an aside, if I turn on the central heating for a while then try one of the new loft bathroom taps only, the cold comes out very slightly luke warm for about 15 seconds before reverting to cold. The hot tap remains very cold. I don’t think we have a big problem with the diverter valve as the engineer just changed it on saturday.

Any advice would greatly be welcomed!

Best,
Jenny

Have my water pipes been plumbed the wrong way? to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Have my water pipes been plumbed the wrong way? plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net