Help on 3 phase in domestic house | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Help on 3 phase in domestic house in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bishop_mike

Hi I have a few questions I'm taking over from my uncle who passed away and need some advice
I have 3 phase I comming too the building and they want too change the lighting board from a mode evolution too a Lutron control system. But old board was 3 phase newboard isn't
my question is can I use Each phase (L1,L2,L3) on separate mcb and split the load a cross them total load is 6000w

If you need more info please ask

9AD43A08-8543-4F63-80F3-F21C8B23C852-1036-000000998AE8391F_zps53fe15b9.jpg

Ok you can see the pic that's good running temp supply too rooms upstairs there's another 3 boards too go on the basement level too service the lights downstairs. There still on the mode evolution board

Wasnt the initial question can you split the three phases into single phase circuits?

If so yes, dont let any lives cross and load share as evenly as possible.

At the worst, get the DNO to change the supply (expensive but at whos cost?)

IMG]http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy270/bishop_mike/1B75E555-D5BD-4A22-899F-B37F6F8076E5-1415-000000D58A18A7A0_zpsf02d2e07.jpg[/IMG]
That's the first board for 3rd floor and second floor
guest bed1 and shower room
guest bed2 and shower room
her bed and bathroom
boys bed and bathroom
girls bed and bathroom
hallway x2 and landing x2
total lights 107
107x 50w = 5350w

I just find it a bit far fetched, not saying its not true, but you initial said the total load across the three phases was 6Kw. So 350 down lighters at 50w = 17.5Kw, which is 5.5Kw more than your comment in post 19, that's like 32A just on lighting. I appreciate you get some big houses, but that just sounds way over the top and unrealistic, if its true that's very good but I don't buy it. But yes, I agree, I don't live in a house of that size, I know they exist, but just think the figures keep changing and don't add up. Please prove me wrong, ill eat my hat and shoes at that!

The other thing, obviously a house round there is going to be old, and I dont know, more likely to have traditional lighting and high ceilings maybe, just airing my thoughts, but 350 downlighters? Seems out of character for the location / possible style of the house.
IMG]http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy270/bishop_mike/1B75E555-D5BD-4A22-899F-B37F6F8076E5-1415-000000D58A18A7A0_zpsf02d2e07.jpg[/IMG]That's the first board for 3rd floor and second floor
guest bed1 and shower room
guest bed2 and shower room
her bed and bathroom
boys bed and bathroom
girls bed and bathroom
hallway x2 and landing x2
total lights 107
107x 50w = 5350w

Reply to Help on 3 phase in domestic house in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net