How to test a ceiling lights with a plug socket | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How to test a ceiling lights with a plug socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys

Please don't kill me. I am not an electrician and this is possibly the very simplest of questions you will read today.

I got a custom light fitting created for me and I wanted to test it without having to get it installed on the ceiling first. There are a few bulb options and I wanted to see which bulb would look best on there which is why I wanted to test it.

I took the wires and put them into a UK plug, and put it into the socket. It doesn't work. Can someone please guide me on how I can test this? Is there anything additional I need to do with the wires for it to work with a plug socket?

Thanks

Again, it would probably help if you posted a picture of the whole light fitting - it could be that there's something really obvious amiss which nobody has thought of.
Nobody is going to steal your idea...

Reply to How to test a ceiling lights with a plug socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The core tech was never Google. The core technology was Nest, and it’s sound. They got bought up by Google looking for a way in to the home tech...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here are photos of the power supply unit, somebody told me I need a new transformer? Many thanks in advance.
Replies
Views
  • Question
It can be easy to lose the sequence of things. If the fused spur has a neon indicator and this isn’t coming on then I wonder if -the original...
Replies
Views
well spotted, brilliant reply, a potential reply post of the month there. I didn't spot it at first, but I am old lol
Replies
Views
Fitted a lot of this sort of light recently, with all tests reporting back through central Dali controller(s).
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks