I was after help about the domestic installers scheme!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss I was after help about the domestic installers scheme!! in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jonesy_08

I was after some advice about the domestic installers scheme. i have being looking into applying and joining the NICEIC scheme. but i am still unsure exactly what they are looking for when they come out to the property.

The 2 jobs which i would do are a CU and an additional socket into a ring in a friends house. i have my17th eddition and my 2391 but unfortunatly as i have been working in a factory as a plc techinician i havent been able to put the 2391 into practice. i got it back in June this year.

What sort of test would you be looking at for on a CU? Would all circuts then have to be tested? what sort of questions do they ask? i am confident on the installation side of things. Greatful for any information at all that you could shed.....:)

Hi Jonesy,

For the NICEIC inspection you'll generally need to have Minor Works and Installation certificate jobs, normally 1 of each. The inspector could ask you any question relating to those installs and to re-run any tests in front of him. He'll also ask general Regs and business questions, check your insurances, certificates, instruments, etc. You'll not need to do all board tests, thankfully.

CU change is a perfect one for the full installation certificate (use the NICEIC green forms if you're not yet registered).

If you join the NICEIC they'll send you a leaflet before the inspection which lists all of what you'll need to supply.

There are stacks of posts here on this stuff, just do a search for NICEIC inspection....

Good luck!

Hi Jonesy

I passed mine last Tuesday, you should have no problem passing if you have your 2391 & 17th. Basicaly they just want to see you that you are able to carry out the relevant tests, and that you understand how to interpret the results. They also want to see you have an understanding of the building regs and BS 7671 etc.

Mine asked to see calibration certs for instruments, you have to have the approved document Part P, the Electricity at work regulations & BS 7671, you will also need £2 million pound public liability insurance.

They will also want to see all your installation & minor works certificates for work you have carried out.

If you want to know any more just PM me and I will give you all the info.

Regards

Mark

Reply to I was after help about the domestic installers scheme!! in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net