I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet | Page 8 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofts

so I will fire away.

Im working on a house at the moment that has 2 rings. one up and one down. the one downstairs has the kitchen on it so I am going to put a new kitchen ring in which will leave three rings in total. upstairs ring,downstairs ring and kitchen ring. as the kitchen ring is one the downstairs ring currently I obviously need to joing the cables that were done so via the sockets previously so it remains a ring as such. I was going to use Junction boxes but I was wondering if I could use these instead

LINE 32A 3 Port Push In Connector [L3P32] - £0.14 : for electricians by electricians

Live ------------ -------------- Live
Earth ----------- -------------- Earth
Neutral --------- -------------- Neutral

would I just connect one to each end of the cable making sure each one is put in the same or .......

thanks for any help

Im not gonna bite again ill put up with the comments as I know what you saying is right and ive got a thick skin. if I kill someone it was not meant, if they dont come in and test after me when they said they would surely thats there problem.

I sleep at night because I am told someone comes in after me and tests the instillation. When I inteviewed for the Job I said I didnt have 2391. I do have a on site guide though and would happily try and work my way through the testing as I said in the interview. it might take me a week or so but I would perserver and hopefully get there without killing myself. 2 hrs later I get a cll offering me the job.

The head electrician asked me what I was like at testing I said I have very little knoledge he said he will show me how its done, sweet.

toonlads nice one

the sooner I can get on the training forum the better, most of you are complete .................

In regards to not being able to use a screew in junction box in an unacessable place is under the floorboards that unacessable as a crowbar seems to pop them up nicely for me.

In the end I went for the hagger push in jobbies which were a pleasure to work with, the old red and black 2.5 cable howevver wasnt and was not as nice to work with as the new blue and brown stuff.

This should make you laugh, maybee not. Having sorted out the ring which was taken apart at the kitchen sockets pulld back up the wall and terminated into these push in jobbies (hagger) I resinserted the main fuse. I went to a downstairs socket and my plug in continuity polarity and something else tester and the lights didnt come on. same for the upstairs. After a bit of a panick I took the main fuse back out and turned it around the other way and heypresto back in business. so yet again I learned something. you can put the fuse in its house but it can go in the wrong way.

lofts, how much has the head electrician actually shown you then?

Company's are reknown for not offering they're employee's enough help - if they've offered to help you with testing, get enrolled on the 2394/2395 (if you haven't already - not read the full thread)

If they're offering to help, you should expect one-one testing with an experienced tester not chucked in the deep end.

some of you must be a pleasure to work with. I wonder if you would all agree on things if you were all working on the same job. I doubt it.

come on just out of curiosity how many of you have given back to the industry bytraining someone up, those that havent are a disgrace imo. you get me who decides he want to be an electrician just as the recession hits. All I can find as an apprenticeship is someto work for 3 days a week sometimes none but for free. I travedl all over the place. but dont really get to do that much as time is money etc, i got good at clipping. I worked every other day I didnt have work as a trainee and every evening to even if I did work that day for free as a sparky. I funded my own course and passed the 2330 followed by the 17th eddition. then I couldnt find a job in the indusrtry as nothing was about.

I get a call from an agency we speak they like me I dodnt tell no lies, I got to the interview they arrange and get offered the job which got me out of the call centres office jobs paying peanuts. I take the job as I spent 3 years studying to get into it. its not my fault if no one takes on anyone not classed as a sparky, well theres not an abundance of roles is there. So yeah I take the job as it mean I can earn more money and put to use my three years study. what would be the point in not as it cost a bomb and its what I ant to do, again it pays alot more I get a company van fuel card kit blah blah blah. I come on here asking the odd well many silly questions and all I get 9/10 is a load of **** of you guys. fair enough it must be annoying but you dont have to post do you you could just ignore me but you cant help yourself, makes me laugh as 9/10 of you probably wouldnt say bo to a goose. but thats not the point. 9 out of 10 of you say the trades on its knees I dont know if it is I no no different Ive worked with guys who say it is and say back in the day it was a clean respected job with people chasing etc etc for you. now theyve got to do it them selves. bigg whopdee do. I like it personally but again im new to it all. ask me in a year ill probably hate it.

going back to the jb under the floorboards thing is it or is it not allowed. Ive seen em in loads of places Ive worked with some dab hand sparks who have put em in or at least I thought they were until this appears to be sub standard. Im told its profit profit profit Im not gonna argue as I like my job at the mo.

whos in control of this trainee forum and whos modding it cant be dealing with clever comments all the time. I expect to be going on there with a question, my answer/solution and then to be guided to the right one if its worng or just told. Im monkey see monkey do. Its how I learn.

grrrrrr

some of you must be a pleasure to work with. I wonder if you would all agree on things if you were all working on the same job. I doubt it.

come on just out of curiosity how many of you have given back to the industry bytraining someone up, those that havent are a disgrace imo.

You've got a lot to learn - times are hard at the moment.

If you haven't got the work to employ someone then you can't and its simple as that. The way of the world is that you look after yourself and family before anyone else as harsh as it may sound to apprentices.

Training apprentices is vital i agree, but to say you're a disgrace if you haven't is a complete idiotic statement.

With an attitude like that you might not make the trainees forum.

well im sorry you think my attitude stinks it might come across like this but its not the case

I get up at 6 and leave for work at 6.45.

I do what Ive got to do as fast I can hoping to dear god that I dont come across something so far out of my depth that Ive got to come on here and ask a question as ill be told im this that and evything else, luckly I have someone who I can call and he will tell me what ive got to do.

if i do come on here (everyday) I have a go at solving it or at least say what I think is the answer and im shot down again you just cant win

so say ive got something that is a problem for me take the switched fussed spur question I had the other day to feed a fan what a polavar that was but I know know why its there and i wont ever forget to put one in and why its used. on the day i was looking at it thinkg wtf as i had never seen or come across it. again everyones going mental.

so yeah if I got a problem I get home at 7 I always stay on and do an extra hour just to give my self a head start for the next day or try to catch up with a little more work whilst theres no other trades about in my way doing there bit

so I get income on here to try and solve the problem because im keen like that and want to get better but what happens it turns into a saga i get ripped to **** and all im trying to do is work things out. within a month or two I would have done most things over and over and hopefully I can heplp the next person like me out.

I go to bed and do it again probably liek most of you but at least you get to relax a bit. im constantly thinnking if ive got a problem how am i gonna do this. its even worse when i go to bed and i dont have an answer. thats when I cant sleep at night

hes shown me nothing so far on the testing fingers crossed I get to go on the course. how long is it by the way ? hopefully not 2 years. im going to give my self a head start on pay day and buy the book that accomodates the course. Im keen to learn you see. I aint gonna let you lot put me of.

well not really if your giving it the large one (not you in particular youve been fairly helpfull, you made me work for any answers but at least youve been bothered as that takes more effort then just telling me, and patience, but still you can be a bit sarcastic but thats life, it can be annoying when your being genuine though.

- - - Updated - - -

and that wasnt even aimed at you thats was to the chap saying I was a disgrace.

i aint got anything against anyone trying to work and trying to do what they want to earn a living, i have to ask questions aswell, but i ask the people i work with, not complete strangers on a forum. dont you think thats a better idea? you will get to the level you want a lot quicker and safer

hes shown me nothing so far on the testing fingers crossed I get to go on the course. how long is it by the way ? hopefully not 2 years. im going to give my self a head start on pay day and buy the book that accomodates the course. Im keen to learn you see. I aint gonna let you lot put me of.

the 2395 is roughly 10weeks, and 3exams...online, practical and written.

Not sure about the 2394, it'll probably be the same aswell.

Reply to I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net