I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofts

so I will fire away.

Im working on a house at the moment that has 2 rings. one up and one down. the one downstairs has the kitchen on it so I am going to put a new kitchen ring in which will leave three rings in total. upstairs ring,downstairs ring and kitchen ring. as the kitchen ring is one the downstairs ring currently I obviously need to joing the cables that were done so via the sockets previously so it remains a ring as such. I was going to use Junction boxes but I was wondering if I could use these instead

LINE 32A 3 Port Push In Connector [L3P32] - £0.14 : for electricians by electricians

Live ------------ -------------- Live
Earth ----------- -------------- Earth
Neutral --------- -------------- Neutral

would I just connect one to each end of the cable making sure each one is put in the same or .......

thanks for any help

I think someone else comes in and does them but I did read something of yours earlier saying its hard to get someone to sign of someone elses work someone else said they will just make a note if it was them on the test shee. Fingers crossed they are , hopefully going to let me do the inspecting and testing course, although they wont pay for it they said they would pay me my days wages which seems a fair deal. how much is the course by the way.

I would be horrified if like my last firm they didnt bother to test before commisioning but i suppose it might happen

- - - Updated - - -

no idea where the trainee forum is, although I have applied lots now

WHen I took the job they said they will be honest the fact I don't have 2391 let's me down, I still got it as they said thy will see what they can do. I have a socket tester do can at least energise and check all me lights come on.

Im willing to have a go tho so am gonna get the testing book and ask for a tester to borrow

I still think this is a wind-up, but.... You're asking questions about how to wire circuits, and didn't seem to know you couldn't use screw-terminal junction box in inaccessible places, and then you say you don't know for sure if it's going to get tested? I can't believe you sleep soundly at night. Daz

So the short version is you energise and as long as the socket and see lights up the jobs a goodun?
If that's the case you're doing the very thing you claim earlier to be horrified at. Commissioning without testing.
Do you realise that as the last person to be involved with that installation that should anything go wrong it's your butt in the sling, not the site manager's not the managing director's, yours.
I'm sorry if you think that sounds harsh Lofty but I don't think you realise how serious this can be

**** me, you Sir are an offense to electricians. How the hell do you sleep at night?
WHen I took the job they said they will be honest the fact I don't have 2391 let's me down, I still got it as they said thy will see what they can do. I have a socket tester do can at least energise and check all me lights come on.

Im willing to have a go tho so am gonna get the testing book and ask for a tester to borrow

Reply to I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net