In the confessional.... | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss In the confessional.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave Appleby

-
Arms
Reaction score
Morning everyone.

As the weekend fast approaches I thought a little confessional thread might be in order.

We've all seen and critiqued dodgy work, however, I thought let's try something different.

Have you ever had a moment where you have been on a job and suddenly had an. "Oh you stupid idiot" moment?

I'll start...

Consumer units work far better if you actually remember to insert the busbar.

Felt a right numpty when I finally realised what was going on.

Went to a customers house, he left key under the plant pot, only after I started filling in the invoice did I realise I had fitted a tethered unit instead of untethered! Easy swap out but felt right daft..
He saw the funny side of it.
I thought this was going to end…..

“and it was then I realised I was at the wrong house”

Don't worry, found it last week and put a wago box on it.
Wagos are used in abundance with myself especially when the fancy light fitting offers no room for more than 1 cable to terminate and the customer is watching whilst I try to do the right thing and terminate all cables within the light enclosure. I then regroup myself and pop to the van and return to the property fully equipped with 5,4,3 and 2 way wagos whilst wiping my perspiring forehead and then making the installation look easy pips ?‍♂️ Shame on me

Been there,done that too many times!
There is a factory I do work for and every one of their db's is an MEM one, some of the shields were found located on top of the boards the first time I went there! ?
Maybe it was one I had worked on previously!!

Before the days of ready made ceiling roses and pendant drops (mid 80s) as an apprentice I was given a great big pile of pre cut flex and pendants to make up the drops. Merrily carried on until near the end of the pile when I picked some up and discovered at least six pieces of flex with a pendant on each end of the same bit of flex!. A lesson learnt in concentrating a bit more after a bit of a telling off from the senior boys who were waiting to fit them

I thought this was going to end…..

“and it was then I realised I was at the wrong house”
I have done that too. Gone to 1a instead of 1b around the side and started testing. Tenants let me in . Only realised when landlord called asking where i was. Thankfully was only around 30 mins

Before the days of ready made ceiling roses and pendant drops (mid 80s) as an apprentice I was given a great big pile of pre cut flex and pendants to make up the drops. Merrily carried on until near the end of the pile when I picked some up and discovered at least six pieces of flex with a pendant on each end of the same bit of flex!. A lesson learnt in concentrating a bit more after a bit of a telling off from the senior boys who were waiting to fit them
I remember those days only too well! I missed off the lampholder a few times, but never managed to get a double header!

Reply to In the confessional.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net