Is there a tool for cutting normal live T&E? | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Is there a tool for cutting normal live T&E? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mickey Goldmill

Recently I had a job where I had to cut a 6mm and a 2.5mm live cable and terminate into a JB. I had to strip the cable with an insulated stanly, and then separate the wires and terminate each one.

I was just wondering if there is a tool that would do this cutting job without having to separate the cables? Something like sharp ceramic snips or something of the sort that would not conduct the electricity and would allow to cut directly through a live cable?

TIA

More fool you and the company then, your both contravening HSE and other regulatory guide lines and both of you could of easily ended up in a Court of Law!! lol!!

No because we were using HGEV regulations are we were authorized to cap connections. The jobs we did were on behalf of Group 4 Security or G4S. Tenants who had "tampered" with there electricity.

I still don't know why i have to explain myself when all i asked was a simple question :s

It doesn't matter anymore. I'll know better than to ask a simple question here again. All it does is garner attention from ****heads up late at night who wanna make something of themselves rather than give a simple, direct answer. What a shame.

From 2000Amp Ellison switch gear to a 32amp small DB if you were working live....I would kick you right off site....period...!!!

Like I said above, good job you don't work live then. because IF I WAS working LIVE for you, then WHY would you kick me off site?

I hope you never have to work live, or you would kick your worker off site just for the sake he was working live.

WTF?

like i said above, good job you don't work live then. Because if i was working live for you, then why would you kick me off site?

I hope you never have to work live, or you would kick your worker off site just for the sake he was working live.

Wtf?

you would not ever be working live....end of.....are you getting it yet....!!!!

The regs are non-statutory.

EAWR is statutory.

Therefore - it is not alright and everything you have said is wrong and dangerous.

I always refer to the bible on this, as it's been drummed into my head enough times:

Quote:

"Page 72, P3: Any work undertaken on live or untested cables MUST be undertaken by qualified persons to REGULATORY act 16.2. Any such work must be qualified by Regulatory act 16.2. Any work carried out on live or untested cables is provided by, and supplied by the consentor or any such works carried out under act 16.2. Any work undertaken and completed MUST be affirmed in writing and in copy to the Consentor and to the relevant authorising body, which work has been consented."

ALL OF WHICH IS DONE, SO DON'T TELL ME IT'S AGAINST REGS, AS I WRIGHT THESE CHITS FOR ALL THE JOBS I DO! LIVE OR NOT!

you would not ever be working live....end of.....are you getting it yet....!!!!

That quote just shows how stupid you are that nobody ever has to work live. Why don;t you check out the NEDl website, or G4S website/ I worked on behalf of them for near enough 3 years and was always working live, capping off tenants "live, dodgy" supply's.

Reply to Is there a tool for cutting normal live T&E? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net