LED don’t work | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss LED don’t work in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

@john watts is a forum sponsor with InstyleLED. Perhaps he can offer some help?

Have your existing transformers got a min/max power rating stated on them?

The existing transformers are unlikely to work with new LED lamps.

Post up what new lamps you have. If it were me, I would replace the whole fitting with a new 240v down light.

Wouldn't be surprised if the wattage of the LED replacements are below the minimum requirement for stable operation. You will likely need new drivers.

Midwest, you bet me by seconds there.

LED lamps require a slightly different technology, and their 'transformers' are called drivers. They can be either constant current or constant voltage drivers, dependant on the requirements of the lamp. Buying just an LED lamp can be a bit difficult to assess the compatibility. I would return your led lamps, and buy a product that supplies both the lamp and the driver.

Edit; replacing with GU10 lamps and or new cans or down lights, would negate the need for separate drivers. You could even consider sealed units.

Reply to LED don’t work in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net