Low height consumer unit? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Low height consumer unit? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cadspark

I've got a tight space in a cupboard above front door where I need to upgrade an old 8 way wylex board to a dual RCD or all RCBO unit. Cost is not an issue but I only have a height of 20cm and width of 37cm to play with. Anybody recommend a board as Hager my usual choice are too tall to fit?

The cupboard is really just a door the full width of the hallway above the front door. The meter and cu are mounted on the wall and it goes to ceiling height. The problem is the DNO kit below the CU leaves me with very little room.

Hi, City electrical carry the proteus range of CU's. They have a modular range ( 200mm ) high which may fit the bill but RCBO's are not really an option because of the limited height. A couple of RCBO's may fit which could provide a substitute for a dual RCD board which sounds impossible for 8 split circuits.

Reply to Low height consumer unit? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Yes the first bit is just standard wiring, TNS lead cable into cut-out, cut-out to meter, meter to DP isolator, top of isolator is sealed as per...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Having a transformer on the loose inside the CU seems bad practice, but putting it in an external DIN box would seem the obvious solution. Better...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The other good thing is you tell them the order you want the breakers in and they assemble it that way, so it's ready to go.
    • Funny
2 3
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm interested in a house built around the 1980's in Northern Ireland. I took a few photos of the consumer unit etc. which is situated in the...
Replies
Views
Hello Marconi the sticker on the inverter says 06/2022 so I am guessing the cabinet was assembled in the October of 2022 when we received it...
2 3 4
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks