maintenance electrician's role | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss maintenance electrician's role in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martinh287

Got a job interview tomorrow for a hospital maintenance electrician. Just wondering roughly what the job will entail if anyone has done a similar job. So I have half a idea as to what will be expected of me and can have a think bout the sort of technical questions that might be aimed at me. I have no experience whatsoever of been a maintenence electrician just installations so any heads up would be appreciated cheers

Been for interview job involves testing, proactive maintenance. Small amount of install work. Keeping the theatres ventilation system running, little bit of pat testing and changing lamps.

Interview went really well. What will be my downfall will be experience. But we shall see.

Thanks for the advice everyone

Hi guys just a update to the thread. I got the job start one week on monday. Condition reporting on the essential boards is been dropped from every 5 years to yearly and so my job primary is to do the condition reporting and drop on to ppms when no testing scheduled.

Hi guys just a update to the thread. I got the job start one week on monday. Condition reporting on the essential boards is been dropped from every 5 years to yearly and so my job primary is to do the condition reporting and drop on to ppms when no testing scheduled.

Bit more to essential service boards than first meets the eye. Hope you know a little about load shedding on the main and sub-main switchboards. I'm sure you won't be going round on your own for a short while anyway... Start getting conversant with these panels, especially on the control side of things...

Congrats....

Congratulations, and I hope you are very happy there.
It's always amazed me how much knowledge is needed, along with the shift-work for some maintenance positions, yet the salaries are not much to write home about.
I put it down to the people who set the rates not knowing one end of a tester from the other.

Cheers guys ill shadow someone for 6mth before been let loose. Got to do medical gases course and contaminants course as well as learning my way around the place. Money is rather poor £4000 a year less then my current salary but I see it as career progression and will only lead to better things

Reply to maintenance electrician's role in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net