Metal flush boxes | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Metal flush boxes in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chocolate

Does anyone know a tried and tested way of fixing a metal flush back box into a brick wall that has been completely mashed ( rather than a tidy bit of knocking out ) by a non-electrical tradesman ??????

Unfortunately, what remains of the surrounding brickwork is in no way secure enough to be drilled for a fixing.

I have a disheartened customer at the moment . . . . :(

well if you insulate the floors why didnt you double insulate everything??

I mean for goodness sake man what you thinking about!!! No double insulation with all equipment placed out of reach behind barriers and IPX9 with tamperproof screws and all cuircuits protected by 10ma RCBOS with monitoring systems in place with a fully trained competent person ready 24-7. Its the way forward mark my words!.

The above statement only true if i am not paying!!!

well if you insulate the floors why didnt you double insulate everything??

I mean for goodness sake man what you thinking about!!! No double insulation with all equipment placed out of reach behind barriers and IPX9 with tamperproof screws and all cuircuits protected by 10ma RCBOS with monitoring systems in place with a fully trained competent person ready 24-7. Its the way forward mark my words!.

i make sure my clients wear steel toe cap insulating wellies....

good practice in my opinion...

btw..should i bond those?

Sorry to interrupt the 'bonding of back boxes' discussion, I found the quick-drying sand/cement . . . . too fast in setting to get a good job done. I tried normal sand/cement mix . . . loads of time to do the filling in well enough to please the customer, and even more time to leave it standing in the bucket for the next socket box to be refixed.

Didn't try the plaster bonding . . . bought a bag though just in case.

Oh . . . I thought it wasn't good practice to take a cpc to the box first before the socket.

Once you realise you only mix a little at a time and use it quickly it's allright. Mind you, if you have a lot to do waiting for the stuff to set, may not be an issue.

Last edited:
top tip ,buy a bag of bonding adhesive ,the stuff they use to bond plaster board to block walls.
i use "lafarge" its white & sticks like **** to a blanket.:eek:
rip open top of bag and dump in yer shed/garage.
when its matured enough ie had a bit of damp it will go off solid in about half an hour which is ideal for setting boxes in crappy walls & hollow blocks.
to think i ****ed about for years with sand and cement waiting forever for it to dry.:rolleyes:

earth tail from socket to box lug good practice
elfyn

Last edited:

Reply to Metal flush boxes in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net