Multiskilled maintenance electrician jobs | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Multiskilled maintenance electrician jobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lex101

Hello

This is my first post on the forum.

I have been qualified about a year and working for a building services company. Recently I was made redundant and applied for a couple of jobs through recruiters online. I went for multiskilled m&e roles in retail and managed to get an offer for one. After going through all the usual processes, I asked the manager what the most common faults were, he said blocked toilets and said I would need to rod the toilets and urinals when required.

I might be new to the industry but should I be taking a job like this? Is it normal to be fixing doors and locks and toilet issues as well as repairs to lighting?

Thanks

I couldn't do it. I'd be sick. I used to get pukey just by the smell coming from the next cubicle. If the OP can stomach it, then do it, he can always look out for something else in the meantime

depends what else is on the table, I had had various mobile engineer jobs all employed as an electrical bias, I would regularly be asked to unblock a WC or the odd drain, if you need the work then take the job, if you can afford to be choosey then continue shopping about, great thing about M and E jobs is they are 2 a penny so if u don't like this one get another, I never had a problem finding work, but I have a can do attitude.

I once had to haul out a jammed turd mincing pump from a foul pit. God what an awful job !
Personally you couldn't pay me enough if I knew I had to deal with blind eels day in day out. Is 27K even a lot in London ? Sounds only just about right on JIB rates.

It's a choice you will have to make,alone. I get the odd Bio-filter to repair,also had large animal incinerators,and other industrial plant,where the "input",is less than salubrious...

Usually,to earn good,you have to either do something nobody can do,or something nobody wants to do...

...And as for the breed responsible for No.2's in vending receptacles...they must rabbits,coz i've seen,and even repaired a multitude of coin operated drink dispensing machines...and have never yet seen a cup,MY,extrusion,would fit in...:icon12:

It is good money.

I don’t think I’d be cut out for it if any joinery was involved. It’s the one thing I’ll admit I’m absolutely crap at.

I packed in installing and started with an fm company about 8 years ago, best move I ever made.

Got sent on Fgas course, they keep a my training up to date ipaf etc. lots of variety could be working on A/C, or in a control panel, lighting, change a motor or pump. We do have to have a go at unblocking a urinal or bog, but if it's a bad one we pass it back to a subbie.

I will have a go at joinery, but I too am crap. It always looks always looks rubbish. Working FM is a right doss especially if it's the high street. Just end up driving round all day different sites doing a bit of this and a bit of that.

Reply to Multiskilled maintenance electrician jobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net