new metal clad consumer | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss new metal clad consumer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
question first of all has anyone installed these yet, the other question is if you have back entry into your board is it ok to seal around cables with fire resistant foam.

interesting reading so do we agree or not if cables are rear entry we apply fire barrier or fire paste its only a question that i think all us sparks need to no before we start installing these new consumer units. personally come the day i install these new boards ie january 2016 im going to adhere to 421.1.201 and apply fire paste (barrier)

interesting reading so do we agree or not if cables are rear entry we apply fire barrier or fire paste its only a question that i think all us sparks need to no before we start installing these new consumer units. personally come the day i install these new boards ie january 2016 im going to adhere to 421.1.201 and apply fire paste (barrier)

I'm looking forward to seeing an attempt to fill entries in busy DB's,especially rear entries once a DB is fully installed. If you consider the practicallities it will be very difficult to properly fill entries once a DB is finished,which leaves the option of getting cables into the DB,filling holes,and then waiting for filler to harden before connecting to avoid disturbing the sealant.
"Yes missus,I'll strip out the old DB and fill on the first day,and then leave you with no power all night while the sealants hardening,and then connect and test next day....that ok?"

I agree. At the end of the day if you are part of a scheme/scam and you showed them a job where you haven't even attempted to then it will be classed as a non conformance (it's only a £3 tube of sealant). I know there will be other sparks on here who think you should argue with your scheme accessor until your blue in the face about the do's and don'ts but after all I want to just get him in and out as quick as possible with no dramas.

I agree. At the end of the day if you are part of a scheme/scam and you showed them a job where you haven't even attempted to then it will be classed as a non conformance (it's only a £3 tube of sealant). I know there will be other sparks on here who think you should argue with your scheme accessor until your blue in the face about the do's and don'ts but after all I want to just get him in and out as quick as possible with no dramas.

I can understand your point that you want 'it' out of the way.
But, if someone is wrong, they need challenging; rolling over just perpetuates the crapness.

Reply to new metal clad consumer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net