Newbie!! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Newbie!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

theflash

I have just been accepted as an apprentice with a company and I'm chuffed to bits!! They have given me the following list of hand tools that I will need. (I will be doing New Build sitework).

Cable Knife
Claw Hammer
Double Tool Pouch
Hacksaw (Junior)
Mains Socket Tester
Mini Spirit Level
Pliers 180mm
Screwdriver Posidrive 75, 80 and 100
Screwdriver Slot 75, 100, 150 and 200
Side Cutters 160mm (Snips)
Tape Measure 5m
Thread tap (M3.5) ?
BT Insertion Tool ?
Tool Box
Just a couple of things I'd like to ask.

1) What are the things marked with a ?

2) My Company will supply all the above for £95. Does this sound acceptable?

3) I'm thinking of getting the kit but buying my own Knipex snips and Combination pliers and a Hultafors claw hammer. What do people think of these items? I want to buy the best kit I can as I hope, eventually, my kit will make me a good living. I would really appreciate any comments/feedback/suggestions and would like to say a big thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read this.

I can't wait to get started.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again lads for all your help. It's proving invaluable and I haven't even picked up a driver yet!!

Please keep the advice coming as it will ALL be taken on board and gratefully accepted.

It really does feel like a big family on this forum and I feel glad to be accepted into it.

Reply to Newbie!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back