off peak immersion problems | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss off peak immersion problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hairy g string

hi .customer complained that her off peak water wasn't heating.its a ex b7 controler .boost worked fine on 24 supply.there is just 1 cable going to tank [1 elememnt] but off peak trips old wylex 15a push button mcb
sorry dont no the bs number.changed the b7 controller because it was 25 years old anyway.the off peak came on to give her a full tank of hot water and then next day trips.never tested element or cable because the boost works fine on a mem 16 a mcb.i am going to put in a 2 way consumer unit tomorrow for off peak.
surely it has to be that pop mcb that is faulty.has anyone else came across similar scenarios .thanks

No different to you boost button, turn on when needed in day, turn it off, then just run it on off peak, good well lagged cylinder plenty of hot water for day time. ( all at cheap rate)

Yes Dave you would.
I appreciate your way of doing it Dave and it's probably the way I would do it now but the way mentioned above is the way it has been/is in many properties.

Not sure why, maybe to ensure there is no way for the immersion to be on during peak times if the timer was to lose time(?), other than 2 hour boost of course.

I appreciate your way of doing it Dave and it's probably the way I would do it now but the way mentioned above is the way it has been/is in many properties.

Not sure why, maybe to ensure there is no way for the immersion to be on during peak times if the timer was to lose time(?), other than 2 hour boost of course.
Sorry for triple post!

Just had a thought - might be something to do with provison for change of tarriff to THTC as obviously the off peak boost periods during the day can be slightly different from day to day?

Last edited:
Sorry for triple post!

Just had a thought - might be something to do with provison for change of tarriff to THTC as obviously the off peak boost periods during the day can be slightly different from day to day?
Been thinking about this again. You would have an off peak board for storage heaters anyway so that's probably why!

Reply to off peak immersion problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net