Opinions please..... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Opinions please..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Would you regard the contactor shown to be suitable for continued service (ignore the damaged tail for the moment)?
Regards.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Opinions please.....
    IMG00039-20130111-1731.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 284
If you find the clamp bolt is seized or stripped then it's deffo a replacement, also if it's a cheap and readily available contactor you could replace entirely if you're not comfortable with repair. You could possibly strip the termination, file any corrosion or heat damaged areas back to shiny metal, cut back the wire and re-terminate. I've repaired worse especially when in a bind, just check the terminal resistance and volt-drop under load after the repair.

Yes. No.

C1 on a condition report that...terminations or connections have no or damaged barriers and enclosures.

C2 for the cable thats damaged, but you've told me to forget about that one so...

Woah, before you're wanting to start ww3 biff hang on :p

I do agree completley with what's said above, just clean it up and crack on - do it all the time.

I just went by what that stupid niceic best practice guide says ( had it handy ) It says in their, like i said - terminations or connections have no or damaged barriers and enclosures.
- That's what i'd interpet the OP's picutre as, connections damaged...even surface. Always have interpeted as that...shoot me down in flames then biff, i know you're dieing too :) lol

I do agree completley with what's said above, just clean it up and crack on - do it all the time.

I just went by what that stupid niceic best practice guide says ( had it handy ) It says in their, like i said - terminations or connections have no or damaged barriers and enclosures.
- That's what i'd interpet the OP's picutre as, connections damaged...even surface. Always have interpeted as that...shoot me down in flames then biff, i know you're dieing too :) lol
but its retreavable...so why bloody code it?...lol...
wire brush and old screwdriver time here..
crack on...

biff...mr.answer to everything. glenn...electricians forum's most aggressive.

I don't think this is a fair 2 on 1 lads lol.

I agree, i wouldn't code it - i'd repair...obviouslly make the wire off again, but the terminal wants cleaning up. I was just stating what the practice guide IMO said.

...do i get let off now? :)

I hope the auspicious organisation that is the NICEIC don't write these guides for ships!!!

It'd be full for C1s for everything.

Reply to Opinions please..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net