Part P CPS vs Nvq Level 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Part P CPS vs Nvq Level 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I have passed my 2365 level 2, nearly my 2365 level 3, and am enrolled onto my NVQ Level 3.

I have recently seen an electrician in my area who is a NAPIT Part P Approved contractor who seems to be working on domestic and commercial installs, he is charging the same rate as those that are NVQ qualified in the same area.

My question is, have I spent more money and time than I needed to and should've just gone down the same route as them, and what will the NVQ allow me to do that he can't (or shouldn't)?

Thanks in advance.

There isn’t really a pay scale according to quals. It’s more down to location, and services offered.(and a bit of professionalism!)

Ie, Scotland I charge £40 an hour… signwritten van and name on my fleece jacket. London could be double that and more for some twit in a battered old transit

It’s basically what you think you’re worth, and what you can get away with.

This is self employed rates of course.
Working for a company, they charge what they think you’re worth and pay you the bare minimum according to JIB rates.

Upvote 0
There isn’t really a pay scale according to quals. It’s more down to location, and services offered.(and a bit of professionalism!)

Ie, Scotland I charge £40 an hour… signwritten van and name on my fleece jacket. London could be double that and more for some twit in a battered old transit

It’s basically what you think you’re worth, and what you can get away with.

This is self employed rates of course.
Working for a company, they charge what they think you’re worth and pay you the bare minimum according to JIB rates.
Thanks for this, would you know what a part p approved electrician can't do that an nvq qualified person can?

Upvote 0

Reply to Part P CPS vs Nvq Level 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net