PIR and lights | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss PIR and lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Davem

Hi I am new to the forum I am currently rewiring my house and I have nearly completed (finally) but I am wishing to install two lights with pirs on the exterior of the house. I am having a normal switched outside light. But I also want two lights with PIRs to both come on when either is triggered. Can I have info on how to wire these and which cable I will need? I will also be feeding the lights from a SFCU and help would be greatly appreciated cheers

yes, but i would also feed a switched live via a manual switch so as to be able to override the PIRs. so that would mean 3 core/E.

and don't use T/E outside. use black flex.

Inexperience prob showing here but if I have a switched fuse spur I know that would turn the pirs off but what would I need a manual override for ?? Sorry
No, it's so you can override the PIR's and switch your lights on and off manually (sometimes you may need this). The FCU just islolates the whole lot and then they won't work!

Inexperience prob showing here but if I have a switched fuse spur I know that would turn the pirs off but what would I need a manual override for ?? Sorry

as pencil pusher said. to turn the lights on manually. say, if you were having a barbie. you don't want to be getting up and moving to turn the lights on. you need to stick 'em on manually.otherwise it might be the wrong type of sausage (the one in yer keks) getting burnt.

as pencil pusher said. to turn the lights on manually. say, if you were having a barbie. you don't want to be getting up and moving to turn the lights on. you need to stick 'em on manually.otherwise it might be the wrong type of sausage (the one in yer keks) getting burnt.
but its amasing how many manage to live with this

- - - Updated - - -

the geting up to pIR the light back on that is

Competence and inexperience are two different things they don't learn you these things at college. But with a level 3 qualification you are classed as competent I agree but surely working in the trade and gaining experience gives you this knowledge. I am a 24 year old who has been qualified 10 months but do to my age no sparkys want to take me on they prefer 16yr olds who they can pay 3quid an hour . What is wrong with this forum it's full of people trying to belittle people on there knowledge!!!!
Thanks pencilpusher for your info I have a single switched light and the two pir lights so straight from a SFCU should be fine cheers

Are you still here TREVOR ????? WHY ? :/
It would be sensible to ignore comments you don't like rather than jumping on the hook. Some of the members on here may well help you in the future IF you remain humble whilst getting some stick. There are many on here who start personal slanging matches and cop a ban.

I do apologies but like I said I am new and looking for advise and info but because I may not understand what is being said I am being told I am Incompetent! Sorry for the rash comments !! Thanks for the advise we will leave it there for now until I have another issue hopefully not !!

Reply to PIR and lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net