Possible dodgy oven wiring discovered | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Possible dodgy oven wiring discovered in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Post #1 did imply that there was an intermittent contact / connection at the socket, as the socket tester used by the man from Bosch at first indicated a fault that disappeared after they plugged things in and out.
That’s right, it worked after shaking it around. Then it went off again. When the guy came today he said the fuse had gone in the plug this time. Now that it is wired directly after the changes today, it is currently working OK temporarily until this is resolved properly.

Yes won’t bother mentioning the boiler, otherwise he’ll start to think I’m being funny with him.

Smoke detectors are fitted on upstairs and downstairs landing as part of the rewire, plus a heat detector in the kitchen.
bloody glad i fitted one..... 2 weeks after, i set chip pan on fire. that heat detector saved me a lot of grief from 'er indioors, as damage was slight, b
not to mention my life and that of the 4 dogs.

. that heat detector saved me a lot of grief from 'er indioors, as damage was slight, b

Surprised to hear that! I've always considered heat detectors as "your house is on fire, get the hell out of there" and (correctly installed and in sufficient numbers) smoke detectors as "you are about to set your house on fire, if you don't do something quick"

heat detector triggers at 58 deg, C. mounted within 6 ft. of hob. smoke detectors in kitchens are a no-no. every time you do toast or fry bacon, they go off. i was lucky. the flames off the chip pan were only 2 ft. high. a wet towel sorted. now have a dry powder extinguisher, same as the one in the van, in kitchen . best of it was, the parnoid d-i-l-called ambulance and fire service. all the fire boys did was to take the still hot but out chip pan into the front yard and cool it with a water hose. ambulance service wanted me to go to ozzy (smoke inhalation ). sod that. dogs left home alone and no beer in ozzy. no brainer.

I have a smoke detector in my kitchen (or wife's kitchen), although it's the optical type, rather than ionisation.
Can here it anywhere outside when they go off, and serve to tell me lunch/dinner's ready.

I have to say that NICEIC approved contracted certificate does not look like the official certs I use either on line or paper copies.

it looks like a mock up.

go to the niceic website and check to see if he is actually registered. I really don’t believe he is.

on the bottom of each page should have copyright certsure LLP 2018

they have used an online certification company which is fine but they cannot put the NICEIC logo on it.

Last edited:

Reply to Possible dodgy oven wiring discovered in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net