R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Abu

Is it necessary to do the r2 test if you have done r1+ r2 test for an eicr certificate

Hahaha i think so
Not so funny when you kill yourself or some jobsworth at the DNO decides to chase you for a nice fine! I wont pull any of them old ones after i saw a Western Power Video of the state of some of them, even the DNO wont touch some of the ones around here they would rather cut the wire outside in the name of health and safety rather than suit up like a wannabe spaceman. the newer ones are a bit better if there is no load but always a bit of a gamble. just be careful.

If you are going to take an assessor to site at least make sure it looks neat, an untidy job is going to leave you open to awkward questions and from your two threads I suspect this is not what you want. Fundamental things like no notice at the earth terminal are schoolboy errors and you are leaving yourself wide open. Knowing an EIC from an EICR would be useful.

Last edited:
I only asked because im making my eicr certificate and got my assesment coming this saturday.
Just wanted to make sure the inspector wont say anything when i put n/a
yeah .a f**King mess looks like tin of spaghetti in that board and the rest .
stand back look at your work and say did I do that!

Just saw the OP has a question about some test results i assume is to do with the same install on another thread... i have my doubts on whether you are ready to be assessed on Saturday @Abu be prepared for lots of questions and if you don't know the answers then know where to look for them in the relevant books.
Read your books to make sure it complies... sometimes the easiest bits are the ones most overlooked.
out of interest what scheme you joining? NICEIC stroma etc...

Just saw the OP has a question about soem test results i assume is to do with the same install on another thread... i have my doubts on whether you are ready to be assessed on saturday [ElectriciansForums.net] R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate.@Abu be prepared for lots of questions and if you dont know the answers then know where to look for them in the relevant books. out of interest what scheme you joining? NICEIC stroma etc...
I am holding my breath on this .
[ElectriciansForums.net] R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate.

Very difficult to assess or comment,from only one picture,and some posts,but i know for certain,there's a length of 25mm sitting in a van somewhere,that shouldn't be...

Lets put to one side,the endemic lack of training that is the usual cause of most crap installations
There is no training whatsoever that is needed to look at any job,electrical or not and see it is not pleasing to the eye

Whatever has happened to the dressing of cables
Spaghetti runs like in those pictures,they are annoying to look at

Why a revisit?
I would hazard a guess that the Engineer would have taken one look at what he had been asked to assess and come to the conclusion that the install was / is carp and asked to visit again after the install had been tidied up.

Reply to R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net