R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Abu

Is it necessary to do the r2 test if you have done r1+ r2 test for an eicr certificate

Not so funny when you kill yourself or some jobsworth at the DNO decides to chase you for a nice fine! I wont pull any of them old ones after i saw a Western Power Video of the state of some of them, even the DNO wont touch some of the ones around here they would rather cut the wire outside in the name of health and safety rather than suit up like a wannabe spaceman. the newer ones are a bit better if there is no load but always a bit of a gamble. just be careful.
Wasnt me who done the job im just assesing it

Wasnt me who done the job im just assesing it
[ElectriciansForums.net] R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate.
yeah . Pinocchio.

I still don't fully understand what you are doing with that installation.

Are you installing it?

Are you carrying out a periodic inspection?

You say this is for your NICEIC Domestic Installer assessment? What have you actually done to the installation?

Okay
@Abu Yoo say you didnt do the installation yourself and are using it for a domestic installer assessment, the key in these is that you are assessed on work you do yourself and my understanding is that DI assessments with NICEIC don't cover EICR or assessments on others work as that is for Approved contractors and not strictly speaking within the remit of the DI scheme. If you are going to show another persons work to the NICEIC assessor then I do hope they recognise the job as i know quite a few lurk on the forum in the shadows and pull you up on saturday and subsequently reject you.
I dont believe what you are writing on this post as something doesn't add up in my mind. If assessing it why? as i have never known anybody do a EICR for the DI scheme.
If somebody else did do the work then what work of your own will you show the assessor on Saturday?

I can't believe that the NICEIC assessor would work on the weekend.
From my last out of area assessment in July I got the feeling that they've cut down on the number of area engineers and increased their area sizes, it was a time frame of over 6 weeks to arrange a site visit.

From my last out of area assessment in July I got the feeling that they've cut down on the number of area engineers and increased their area sizes, it was a time frame of over 6 weeks to arrange a site visit.
Money for the scams getting a bit tight then Strima?

If you did just the wiring but your mate did the CU then I am not sure that counts for your DI assessment....
I think you should go to college and maybe study something else as you are aged 20 and may have a level 3 certificate but you have as much sense and experience as an electrician as I do as an intergalactic time traveller....
Before even contemplating going out on your own i would suggest you work as a labourer or sparks mate to get some hands on experience..
Isaac Newton said it well when he said that truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.

Okay
@Abu Yoo say you didnt do the installation yourself and are using it for a domestic installer assessment, the key in these is that you are assessed on work you do yourself and my understanding is that DI assessments with NICEIC don't cover EICR or assessments on others work as that is for Approved contractors and not strictly speaking within the remit of the DI scheme. If you are going to show another persons work to the NICEIC assessor then I do hope they recognise the job as i know quite a few lurk on the forum in the shadows and pull you up on saturday and subsequently reject you.
I dont believe what you are writing on this post as something doesn't add up in my mind. If assessing it why? as i have never known anybody do a EICR for the DI scheme.
If somebody else did do the work then what work of your own will you show the assessor on Saturday?
Like i said i work for a company and we done the job together i done all the wiring but my colleague done the db board

Abu,in all honesty.I think you did all the work,you are going for DI assessment and you were unaware how poor your installation standard is when assessed by genuinely skilled tradesmen,they have been reading a thread full of deceit and some would say lies

Having said that,do not be pessimistic about the upcoming assessment,I believe the schemes themselves are as unprepared as yourself in recognising poor levels of skillset
You will more than likely be happily accepted into the fold :)

Reply to R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net