radial | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss radial in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have to say, Im suprised the NICEIC would allow the installation of lights and power on one circuit as Glenn rightly says you'd loose both at once which goes against seperation of circuits in the regs. If we going to adapt that rule we might as well do.away with split load RCD boards.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
look simon...the man`s talking out of his ring if he thinks its ok to start putting lighting and power on one circuit...lol
for a start he`s limiting himself to 3% VD..secondly he`s limiting the circuit to either a 10A or 16A OPD and thirdly its not seperation of circuits is it...lol...
what a benny...lol...

look simon...the man`s talking out of his ring if he thinks its ok to start putting lighting and power on one circuit...lol
for a start he`s limiting himself to 3% VD..secondly he`s limiting the circuit to either a 10A or 16A OPD and thirdly its not seperation of circuits is it...lol...
what a benny...lol...

I didn.t say the niccy approved lights on the same circuit as power, I said they didn't have a problem with hopscotching radials fed from both sides of a split board that serve both floors in all rooms of a house. It vastly improves reliability of the UK wiring system that stipulates the over use of RCDs that introduce unrelliability to lights and power, especially in the case of household.

But I did say that if light switches had sufficient current rating along with lighting accessories, I would consider the "Yank" wiring system as you put it, still allowing for 2 or more circuits in any room or stairs in a home. That would in turn be more reliable than a single lighting circuit serving a floor, or a stairs liable to nuisance trips from RCDs.

And why would I be limited to only 10amp OPD (?) or 16 amp OPD (?) ? Does a 13amp socket outlet limit you to a 10 amp ring or radial? And since when were volt drop a problem in the average home?

And since when did a lighting circuit and a power circuit of the same band or category need to be seperated?

Its you who is the benny and wears a toilet seat around your neck and makes folk think that someone has broke wind when you speak.

You really should read carefully and correctly interperet what is written before you, just like reading the wiring regulations. The way you have read and interpreted my quote, is typical of a one week wonder domestic installer!

And you are correct when you say that you wouldn't follow me, my customers old and new would more than likely see you for what you are!

A snidy loudmouth that talks a good job but struggles to do one.

I didn.t say the niccy approved lights on the same circuit as power, I said they didn't have a problem with hopscotching radials fed from both sides of a split board that serve both floors in all rooms of a house. It vastly improves reliability of the UK wiring system that stipulates the over use of RCDs that introduce unrelliability to lights and power, especially in the case of household.

But I did say that if light switches had sufficient current rating along with lighting accessories, I would consider the "Yank" wiring system as you put it, still allowing for 2 or more circuits in any room or stairs in a home. That would in turn be more reliable than a single lighting circuit serving a floor, or a stairs liable to nuisance trips from RCDs.

And why would I be limited to only 10amp OPD (?) or 16 amp OPD (?) ? Does a 13amp socket outlet limit you to a 10 amp ring or radial? And since when were volt drop a problem in the average home?

And since when did a lighting circuit and a power circuit of the same band or category need to be seperated?

Its you who is the benny and wears a toilet seat around your neck and makes folk think that someone has broke wind when you speak.

You really should read carefully and correctly interperet what is written before you, just like reading the wiring regulations. The way you have read and interpreted my quote, is typical of a one week wonder domestic installer!

And you are correct when you say that you wouldn't follow me, my customers old and new would more than likely see you for what you are!

oh....you havn`t met me before then....lol..

And since when did a lighting circuit and a power circuit of the same band or category need to be seperated? .

I havent got my book on me but i know it doesnt directly state "lighting and power" but it does make mention of seperating circuits where possible for ease of safety and convience or something on those lines.

Believe its close to the back of section 1.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with both comments arrange circuits to minimise inconvenience in the event of a fault yes. Bit that in no way precludes combined lighting and power circuits as common in the rest of the world

eh?...
you were on about not using fusing down for the lighting portion of the circuit you were combining with power circuit...

Glenn you should make that your new signature. Just for a giggle of course mate :)

i think this image is more apt for glenn ..........

[ElectriciansForums.net] radial
;-)

i got some of these things at last years elex show in harrogate...i didn`t like them then...but as i have a propensity to just grab stuff (if its free)..i ended up with a fistfull of them..
their still in a jar at home....and thats where they are staying n all..
horrible, nasty things they are..
made by `ideal industrys` i think....
i know they use these a lot in the states....[/LEFT]

Typical Tyke !!! ...:rolleyes:........ I love it !! :clap::rofl:

Mmm, an interesting reply, i'll bet your one of these loud mouths that never shuts up about your self importance and how good you think you are when your at work, in the wholesalers, in the pub, and maybe when you're on the other job. Lol!!!

In your comment about another sparky following me with regards to a fault and having to run up and down stairs?there are still homes in the UK that still have one ring serving every outlet in the home on more than one floor. A 30/32 amp ring main, probably the most dangerous circuit that exist in the world, but yet you laugh at the Yank system?

The niccy never had a problem with my choice of selection for circuit design, in fact they were impressed that I had managed to implement a wiring system without departing from bs 7671, and at the same time improve reliabilty without putting a whole floor in darkness, in the event of a nuisance trip from a split board. And also remain competetive, the main reason why I do domestic. Most of all, they didn't think I was bloody stupid as you put it.

And yes, I would include lights and power on the same circuit if the terminals were large enough in the light switches to take 2 or more 2.5.mm conductors, and the contacts were sufficiently rated along with the lighting accessories. Without using a fuse spur. I can't see how that would constitute a departure.

You can say what you like, from someone such as yourself, it's like water off a ducks back!! lol!!

Are you really for real??? Your talking about bygone years here now, when a single RFC was installed to cover all the sockets in a house!! The RFC the most dangerous circuit that exists in the world, lol!! Now i know your a bloody idiot!! Yes i do laugh at many of the Yank wiring systems, because now you REALLY are talking outright dangerous!! And yes i have worked with NFPA 70 (NEC) along with the green, red, buff etc, engineering books!! Perhaps you can explain all the outstanding benefits of a multi branch circuit derived from a 3 phase board, to those UK electricians that have never come across such a wiring method (and probably never will)!!

I bet the NICEIC guy's were impressed too, they also like to make up their own rules!! lol!! Where are you improving reliability for god's sake, your putting both up and downstairs lights on the same circuit, same with your sockets??

As for your last paragraph, this just tells me you should be heading straight back to the States, as fast as your little legs can carry you!! lol!!

You can say what you like, from someone such as yourself, it's like water off a ducks back!! lol!!

Are you really for real??? Your talking about bygone years here now, when a single RFC was installed to cover all the sockets in a house!! The RFC the most dangerous circuit that exists in the world, lol!! Now i know your a bloody idiot!! Yes i do laugh at many of the Yank wiring systems, because now you REALLY are talking outright dangerous!! And yes i have worked with NFPA 70 (NEC) along with the green, red, buff etc, engineering books!! Perhaps you can explain all the outstanding benefits of a multi branch circuit derived from a 3 phase board, to those UK electricians that have never come across such a wiring method (and probably never will)!!

I bet the NICEIC guy's were impressed too, they also like to make up their own rules!! lol!! Where are you improving reliability for god's sake, your putting both up and downstairs lights on the same circuit, same with your sockets??

As for your last paragraph, this just tells me you should be heading straight back to the States, as fast as your little legs can carry you!! lol!!
LOL....
i think he`s gone off in a huff eng (or embarrasment?)....lol...

LOL....

Reply to radial in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net