Service Head | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Service Head in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tuttle

-
Arms
Reaction score
[ElectriciansForums.net] Service Head

I don't think I've seen a service head like this before, I've only got the picture to go on at the moment and it's not that clear. I can't see a fuse anyway.

I'm assuming that what I can see in the picture is a cover that either opens or comes off and presumably has, or should have, a seal on it somewhere?

If this is the case then what sort of fuse / fuse holder would be used inside. Is there likely to be lots of exposed hazardous live parts under the cover?

Maybe if I could get a proper look it might be clearer to me, but at the moment I've only got the picture to go on.

Can anyone enlighten me please? :)

they will most likely be 60A fuses...
rewireable pots...
dont ever attempt to pull em by hand....

Finally got around to this job, service head wasn't sealed, I guess the guys who did the kitchen pulled the fuse. Fuse looked ok but even so I resisted the temptation to pull it.

Cast iron head, three phase coming in, 60A fuse and a link in the neutral, so you guys were spot on. Thought I'd post a better picture just in case anyone's interested :)

[ElectriciansForums.net] Service Head

Regardless of who did what and when etc...Inform the DNO, Western Power Distribution (WPD) in your case. It's their policy to change them as when they come to light. Even the suppliers inform the DNO's if any metal cut-outs are still in use. Many suppliers will not pull the fuses when changing meters untill cut out changed. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If left as it is, it's old now and it's only going to get older and deteriorate even further. It's all at WPD's cost.

Finally got around to this job, service head wasn't sealed, I guess the guys who did the kitchen pulled the fuse. Fuse looked ok but even so I resisted the temptation to pull it.

Cast iron head, three phase coming in, 60A fuse and a link in the neutral, so you guys were spot on. Thought I'd post a better picture just in case anyone's interested :)

View attachment 19786

Don't know what all the fuss is about here, looks fairly standard to me, it should be upgraded tho, if you inform DNO they will put it on list for upgrade which will take 6 months to a year. Ird question the earthing more then the head itself, maybe its just me, see these in London every day. Interestingly, you do get some of these that aren't actually 3 phase, exactly the same, but with the three fuses fed by the same phase, might be worth checking that.

Don't know what all the fuss is about here, looks fairly standard to me, it should be upgraded tho, if you inform DNO they will put it on list for upgrade which will take 6 months to a year. Ird question the earthing more then the head itself, maybe its just me, see these in London every day. Interestingly, you do get some of these that aren't actually 3 phase, exactly the same, but with the three fuses fed by the same phase, might be worth checking that.
this is the angle..
stupid threads about an old cutout....like i says the 60A fuse carriers shouldn`t be pulled by hand.......

Reply to Service Head in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net