spanish electrics | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss spanish electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
got a freind who has just bought a gaff in spain he wants me to do a few a bits and bobs when we go over to see him got me thinking when ive been on holiday walking around looking at buildings or hotels getting built sad i no but notice all circuts are singles in flexi hose but my question is do they do any electrical testing on these circuts or hotels like we do here 2391 etc your thoughts please

Lived here 22 years domestic and commercial including very large satellite, Multi screen TV installs. Just finished one.....4 dishes 10 TV's , 2 Projectors all connected to 6 Sat receivers, PC, DVD, CCTV, etc. also working my way into stage and club lighting.
mayfair were about in spain are you what type of work are you in domestic industrial commercial your english is better than mine lol

the 1 thing i can say about laws and regs in this country nowhere else competes with the level of safety we put into our installations, we changed colours of cable to comply with european legislation but europe as a hole the earthing arrangements are abysmal, with regards to testing there may be a little done not that ive seen any signs of it but certainly wont be done to same level as here

jazzygazza in another post your looking for a job abroad as a tester but in this post you say you see little signs of testing outside the UK, so if its testing your wanting your not going to be needed !! Just a thought.
the 1 thing i can say about laws and regs in this country nowhere else competes with the level of safety we put into our installations, we changed colours of cable to comply with european legislation but europe as a hole the earthing arrangements are abysmal, with regards to testing there may be a little done not that ive seen any signs of it but certainly wont be done to same level as here

Surely your not talking about your wonderful 200 ohm Ra TT systems are you?? lol!!!

Exactly what country(ies) are you referring too in the above sweeping statement?? Germany, France Belgium, Holland, Austria, Switzerland, ...All of them?? lol!!!

i dont really know what your trying to get at with making the observation, but in answer to your question there are some countries who have decent testing regulations but nothing is to the same level of what we do here in the uk, there are very little electrical tester jobs advertised abroad but it is what im qualified to do as well as being able to be a qualifying manager for testing on paper gives me more qualifications than an average electrician, certainly in spain and europe the eu have harmonized colours big wow, why not take a leap from the excellent regulations we have here and bring in all countries in eu, but in fairness what im looking to do or not do is not really any of your business

i don't really know what your trying to get at with making the observation, but in answer to your question there are some countries who have decent testing regulations but nothing is to the same level of what we do here in the uk, there are very little electrical tester jobs advertised abroad but it is what i'm qualified to do as well as being able to be a qualifying manager for testing on paper gives me more qualifications than an average electrician, certainly in spain and europe the eu have harmonized colours big wow, why not take a leap from the excellent regulations we have here and bring in all countries in eu, but in fairness what i'm looking to do or not do is not really any of your business

I'm afraid you are basing your remarks/comments on just hear-say and not on experience!! The likes of Germany and other Western European countries have very similar testing requirements/regulation to the UK, and always have done. Also quite a few of there testing regulations call for a higher standard than those required in the UK .... The new regulations covering medical rooms in hospitals for example, has been in force in Germany for literary donkey's years, and has been directly taken from VDE 100/007.

I agree that the same can't be said of some of the Southern and Eastern European countries, but tarring them all with the same brush, is a very big mistake to say the least!!!

Quite frankly i'm not really interested in what you want, or don't want to do, I was purely commenting on your wildly inaccurate statements...

Lived and worked in Spain for 22 years, If you could see the new regs regarding Public buildings here think you would be quite suprised. 2 weeks ago voltrim held an online seminar just to explain to the sparks what half of it meant 6 hours it took , testing here is very similar to uk but with a lot more RCD protection. As an example all new builds have to have 25mm copper in a ring round the property.

i don't really know what your trying to get at with making the observation, but in answer to your question there are some countries who have decent testing regulations but nothing is to the same level of what we do here in the uk, there are very little electrical tester jobs advertised abroad but it is what i'm qualified to do as well as being able to be a qualifying manager for testing on paper gives me more qualifications than an average electrician, certainly in spain and europe the eu have harmonized colours big wow, why not take a leap from the excellent regulations we have here and bring in all countries in eu, but in fairness what i'm looking to do or not do is not really any of your business

Why would they advertise for electrical testing positions, there own electricians can and will undertake national required installation testing, similar to that covered in your C&G 2391...

If your looking for electrical testing positions overseas, you will need to know and have experience of far more than what is covered in 2391. For example, you would need to be competent to fully test installations and equipment, from the Distribution TX to the Main Switchboard, right the way through to the sub-distribution boards etc. More often than not, they would also want you to test and commission the MV cables and MV Main Switchboard and Ring Mains Units etc... Much of the inspection, testing, commissioning, will be on protection relays, so you also need to be able to follow protection relay co-ordination studies.

Very few such positions, would ask for less than HNC/HND, with less than 5/7 years of proven relevant experience. Do you meet that sort of criteria, ...if so you shouldn't have any problem gaining overseas employment, such engineers/technicians are always in great demand...

Reply to spanish electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net