Strange reminder thing. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Strange reminder thing. in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
What on earth is this 'currently reading' popup for?:
[ElectriciansForums.net] Strange reminder thing.

I know my memory isn't great but I don't forget what thread I'm reading half way through it!

Solution
Okay found it.

It's when you've opened a thread you haven't opened before, it
7029 dave currently reading electric meters
This is because when you read a thread, then your alerts / notifications - the links in those take you to the middle or end of thread once you've contributed to it already. So you wouldn't know what the thread is about if you use the forum like I've just suggested.

I can remove it based on usegroup so if it's peeing off subscribed members you get to make a poll, vote on it, and I'll remove it for you if the outcome says so.
While your there, @Dan, my laptop is giving me pop ups saying I have an adblocker on Edge browser stopping me reading the site.

1. I’ve never set up an adblocker. Must be by default

2. I don’t know where to turn it off/ whitelist EF

@littlespark is it a google one or a red warning like one (mine). I've disabled the latter now and will be disabling the Google one too once F1 has finished. They've run their course and made their point.

Over the last couple of days when opening threads the page jumps to below the discussion and it's necessary to scroll upwards to find the most recent post. On a busy thread it's very easy to miss new posts.

So even a thread that's brand new for you? (As if you've read to post 4 and then come back after more replies it'll take you to post 5. For eg)

Edit: you've got 5k posts it must be something else. Give me more info please mate.

Generally threads open at new content, unless it is older and may open at a different point.

What I'm experiencing at present is different and doesn't happen on every single thread, but most threads are opening after the last post. If there's only one new comment then I scroll up to it, but where several new comments have been posted it is easy to miss some by not scrolling far enough.

This could be a browser issue, but I've not seen it happen on other forums.

Edit: I've just opened five threads with new content and this only happened once. Earlier today and all of yesterday it would have happened with five out of the six.

That's weird as hell mate but I'll setup some accounts and try replicate it.

Try opening those same threads again now. See how many out of the 5 or 6 do it again for me.

I appreciate the nod mate.

What device and browser is it?

And can anybody else confirm they've had this happen to them too?

I've had the page open below the adverts once. Had to scroll up to read the new thread post. Every other time it's been fine. Can't remember which thread it was. I'm using Chrome 126.0.6478.188 on Android 13; SM-A326B Build/TP1A.220624.014 on a Samsung A32

Okay found it.

It's when you've opened a thread you haven't opened before, it
7029 dave currently reading electric meters
This is because when you read a thread, then your alerts / notifications - the links in those take you to the middle or end of thread once you've contributed to it already. So you wouldn't know what the thread is about if you use the forum like I've just suggested.

I can remove it based on usegroup so if it's peeing off subscribed members you get to make a poll, vote on it, and I'll remove it for you if the outcome says so.

Solution
I've had the page open below the adverts once. Had to scroll up to read the new thread post. Every other time it's been fine. Can't remember which thread it was. I'm using Chrome 126.0.6478.188 on Android 13; SM-A326B Build/TP1A.220624.014 on a Samsung A32
That'll be similar as I've said mate that. It's a thread you've viewed before.

Yup, it just did it in this thread. Jumped to the adverts below the thread. Missed out both of your replies. Bit of a pain as I scrolled up, read your last reply and didnt realise there was another new post by you above that I also hadnt read.

Most threads jump to the "Similar Threads" box below, it has been like that for some days now.

Also the Blue buttons (New Posts, Post Reply) aren't active unless I scroll them at least 1/4 the way up the page.

Just tried to 'like' a post and everytime I hover over the button the screen scrolls down an inch. This happens until the button scrolls off screen.

Edit: seems this can cured by refreshing each page after opening it.

Reply to Strange reminder thing. in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net