Taking the mick | Page 8 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Taking the mick in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There's a company near where I grew up in Cornwall that constantly has a sign outside advertising for electrician's.

this is because they pay minimum wage and just have a high staff turnover of desperate sparks looking to pay the rent.

Not even going to bother reading past the first page!!

Just goes to show the high esteem that electricians command these day's!!
Basically this is all thanks to the likes, of all these parasites you have let get a foothold into this industry...

If an electrician of any quality takes this position on at those sort of rates, they must be bloody desperate is all i can say. To be honest i can't see this company getting people with the stated qualifications, it'll come down to training centre's fast track boys being taken on!! They may then see the difference between being qualified and not being qualified. But i won't be holding my breath!! lol!!

just had another look at the job advert. one of the duties required of their employees is this................

* Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.

does anyone have the foggiest idea what this means?

I wouldn't get out of bed for that, I can earn more stacking shelf's!

Reminds me a few years ago a agency rang me up with a job offer, The convo went something like this.

"Hello, We have seen you on some website and would like to know if you are interested in this job?

ok, what is it?

Well its a job as a maintenance spark in Essex.

No thanks, Not interested in relocating.

Oh but you have not heard the good part!

Go on then, humor me....

*really excited voice* Its £16,000 a year!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA

*BEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP*"

Talk about a face palmer....

just had another look at the job advert. one of the duties required of their employees is this................

* Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.

does anyone have the foggiest idea what this means?

I'm sure it means "find as much as you can to rip the customer off further"

Reply to Taking the mick in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar threads

If it's underground I've always favoured SWA with good old fashioned resin joints. I would make a 3 way resin joint below ground, no enclosure...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Johnson Tiles buyout completed Discussion Thread This is the Johnson Tiles buyout completed Discussion Thread The management buyout of Johnson...
Replies
Views

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back