Thoughts please | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Thoughts please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

The circuits have been designed to comply with 433.1 therefore 433.1.1 is irrelevant. Also, see 433.2.2 (i).

I don't see anything to say that if you have met 433.1 (which is more a general statement of principle than anything) then that gets you out of jail free on 433.1.1. Fair shout on 433.2.2 though. Hmm.

Is it because it looks a bit like one of those Orthodox crucifixes and might offend someone's religious convictions? Dunno if professional indemnity insurance covers against a fatwa.

What is to stop someone jumping off a train platform and licking a live rail??

Trains don't have live rails they have overheads? :p

Naa, in all seriousness though, find me a two and a half ohm nail and I'll give you a million squids!

I'll engage the materials scientist in the morning and look into setting up the international calamari conglomerate next week.

Yeah, I normally do Travelodge but I decided to be posh this time haha!

Premier Inn...The idea of sharing a bed with Lenny Henry always puts me off. Linton Travel Tavern all the way for me personally. It's not four star, but it's certainly competitive.

I don't see anything to say that if you have met 433.1 (which is more a general statement of principle than anything) then that gets you out of jail free on 433.1.1.

Yeah, I just re read it and missed the critical word 'small'. Scrap that, but I still stand by 433.2.2 (i)

Premier Inn...The idea of sharing a bed with Lenny Henry always puts me off.

Hahahaha, that's exactly what attracts me to it! :D

Naaaa, that's a 2.5 ohm microphone, not a nail :D

We both know the ease with which certainty of it being a nail can be arranged. Just cough up.

Ah, puts me in mind of that episode of QI where Alan Davies said that Tutankhamun's death mask looks like Tiger Woods eating a Cornetto....

Off topic

Dont envy you being in Kendal this time of year I wired a load of new build there and Barrow cold in winter mate with no windows in the houses lol

I am sure barrow in furness should be part of the artic circle but its moved lol with last iceberg

What protects the 20A loads? How do you isolate the individual loads without affecting the rest? Are all your loads ON at the same time? There is what is called DIVERSITY,how is that applied to your circuit?

What protects the 20A loads?

The very fact that they are only able to draw 20A

How do you isolate the individual loads without affecting the rest?

Where's the reg that states this must be the case?

Are all your loads ON at the same time?

Theoretically yes.

There is what is called DIVERSITY,how is that applied to your circuit?

Are you sure you don't mean DISCRIMINATION mr patronising? I'm well aware of what diversity is thank you very much and it cannot be applied to a given load, only circuits.

Diversity can apply to a load if the load has switchable elements within it, e.g. cooker, but then you could of course argue the load is a little circuit (not final circuit) all of its own, which of course it is. I concur that diversity is of no relevance here, what with five twenties being a hundred.

but then you could of course argue the load is a little circuit (not final circuit) all of its own, which of course it is. I concur that diversity is of no relevance here, what with five twenties being a hundred.

My point exactly! Lol. If a given load is likely to be drawing a given amount of current then you cannot apply diversity. Again though, the rather patronising poster before me I believe doesn't understand diversity himself and in fact meant to say 'discrimination' lol. *Facepalm*

You can't say discrimination any more . It is a bad word which might upset someone. It's like at school you can't be wrong any more, just 'differently right'. ;-)

Serious question: the idea of having an installation wired as separate final circuits and (for example) not having everything covered by just one RCD, so as to minimise the number of circuits taken down by a fault - is discrimination also the correct term for that, or is discrimination solely the idea of the-most-downstream-device-must-trip-first? Having a CRAFT moment here (Can't Remember A Flippin' Thing).

Reply to Thoughts please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net