Tool Thieves!!! | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Tool Thieves!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

would be funny if your tool box just started screaming "let me outa here ,,,AAHHHH" from inside the back of their car/van when they are parked up somewhere by the use of some electronics and a small speaker.......or maybe a few cheap new tool boxes with padlocks on and nothing but a block of concrete set inside (making it both empty and worthless) so that they steal it, lug it away, spend time carefully removing the padlock, and get nothing but an empty box and a note saying HA :)

Or maybe, when they open the toolbox that they have stolen they get a face full of mace and a non-washable chemical dye. That way everyone will know what they are. Lower than Dog S***.

is this it here? the ebay Australia ones? good stuff looks like a real quality item....

[ElectriciansForums.net] Tool Thieves!!!

I'm ready to chip in :)

Hows it goin mate? I sent an email to Jeremy, he said his ex wife could maybe bring one back for me if I get it posted to her over in Oz. Thanks for the fundraising buddy but my wife is going to treat me as its my birthday on thursday. Have you thought about taking your MR T tool deterrent on dragons den? I'd be in!

I'm a third year apprentice and at my last firm I continually had trouble with fully-qualified sparks stealing tools from my toolbox. Stealing is one thing, but the fact that those blokes were on 2-3 times more than me an hour really got my goat considering how much it cost me to amass a nice set of tools on apprentice wages. Thankfully I've got shot of that God-awful job and the cretins that work there now, though.

At my new firm one of our vans got done over this week and the thieves stole all of the handtools, drills and some other stuff, but they left the tester behind. It amazes me how many stories I've heard about break-ins where the thieves have left arguably the most expensive thing there is.

Makes sense, I suppose. That said, surely if you were going to empty a van you'd just indiscriminately take everything and hope to sell all of it? What do thieves lose if they fail to sell something?

Possibly, but my bosses van has been done twice in the last few years and it's always the drills etc and never been the testers.

Cheers,
Lofty.

It surprises me the amount of guys ( not just sparks) who leave tools on sites last site i was on glasgow city center scaffold up to 3rd floor no doors on site just hoarding round it ( scaffold over hoarding) celing fixers had 5 roll along tool boxes and around 25>30 big red boxes they put the lot in 1 room n a bit of ply screwed to it I was AMAZED that no tools got nicked from that site only 2x10mtrs of 25mm 4 core went
Our tools and the AC guys all went in big tool vaults Rawlbolted to the floor

I had my sds drill stolen on a job last year and luckily the company I was subbing to bought me a brand new one! then a few week later a company sds drill went missing. The main contractor on the job didn't even care that their was a thief on there site. I am now working on another of their sites and a couple of drills and a chop saw has gone walkies!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Possibly, but my bosses van has been done twice in the last few years and it's always the drills etc and never been the testers.

Cheers,
Lofty.
Most of them just grab all they can carry, and most testers are put in a bit more of a safe place I guess. Others will just take the heavy boxes. The more discerning crackhead knows he can only get rid of a tester to another sparks, and he's probably going to ask questions.

Or maybe they ujst want to nick our stuff but don't want to take our livelyhood. Yea, right.

Reply to Tool Thieves!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net