voltage testers | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss voltage testers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

As above really anything that conforms to GS38 should be OK

Being GS38 wouldn't be the ''Be all and end all'' about a voltage meter in my opinion, i have some older voltage meters that i wouldn't think twice about using again on a daily basis. An old Square D solenoid model (from my training company), Martindale neon lamp model, among a good few others including test lamp models!! lol!!

like this?

[ElectriciansForums.net] voltage testers

Yep that's the kiddie. with the polarity indicator at the top... Do you know those volt testers must be getting on for 45 years old, and maybe even a little older than that. Mine was issued to me about 3 months into my apprenticeship, and it wasn't by any means new then!! lol!!

Got mine in 1978, at least it was new :D

Next came a multimeter, we had to make a wooden box with lid to protect it before the chargehand would issue it, luckily I did woodwork at school.

When I started we had to make our own, I know dead stupid but it was 1960 1 FOOT OF BRAIDED TWISTED FLEX, 1 BROWN LAMPHOLDER and 1 15 WATT PIGMY LAMP sorted

When I started we had to make our own, I know dead stupid but it was 1960 1 FOOT OF BRAIDED TWISTED FLEX, 1 BROWN LAMPHOLDER and 1 15 WATT PIGMY LAMP sorted

The only test lamps allowed by our company at that time, were the ''Drummond'' test lamps. For some reason the companies external services electricians were issued with those!! Think they still make them too. I have one of those too that a friend gave me, when he was issued a new one (worked for London Electricity Board)!!

The only test lamps allowed by our company at that time, were the ''Drummond'' test lamps. For some reason the companies external services electricians were issued with those!! Think they still make them too. I have one of those too that a friend gave me, when he was issued a new one (worked for London Electricity Board)!!

I have one of these: MTL7 Test Lamp | Drummond Test Lamps

They are still made and there's an LED version too.

I have a Fluke thing (cant remember it's model number) hiding somewhere too - maybe sharing a box with the Drummond somewhere.

While we're getting all nostalgic,does anyone still have one of those old terminal screwdrivers,they were made by Steadfast,little black thing about 4 inches long? brilliant they were,we had all kinds of testers over the years and I remember one time working on a job that was being done for the local electricity board (Manweb) they insisted on the Martindale test lamp,my boss wasn't happy when I insisted that the company bought it for me.I think I used it for the duration of the job then put it away and if I remember correctly Paul M bought it from me when I had a clear out.

Reply to voltage testers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net