Wago Connectors? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wago Connectors? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
How many of you guys use wago clips and are they any good?

Is these considered as a professional consumeble products, or are they just a DIY gimmik?

I was doing some remmedial work on a new build recently and these things where everywhere you looked.
I had to remove a few in order to do my bit of remmedial work, had a little fiddle around with some of them but ended up getting fustrated with them and throwing them away. Just that I was thinking about buying a set of them and having another go with new ones, but if they are no good for anyone then I might not bother - Your input please??

Many thanks

Jamie

The push in connectors are single use, as once the cables are in they ain't coming out, but the lever connectors can be reused time and time again.

Anyone used the Ideal twist ons? I was pleasantly surprised, but still repulsed lol

Are the connectors single use only or can they be reused again?

The push in ones, you can remove a wire by twisting back & forth, and you can reuse the connector. The lever ones you just open the levers to remove wires, and reuse. Agree with Tel, at first I was a bit sceptical, now I can't manage without them.

On this job I was at, just before I was called out, one of the new partition walls and part of a ceiling was knocked down - opening out for a new staircase, leaving a lighting loop requiring extending and diverting around the opening, all the previous sparky did was use a wago connector to reconnect the loop and wrapped it in pvc tape and pushed it up in the ceiling void - is this accepteble as a quick solution???

On this job I was at, just before I was called out, one of the new partition walls and part of a ceiling was knocked down - opening out for a new staircase, leaving a lighting loop requiring extending and diverting around the opening, all the previous sparky did was use a wago connector to reconnect the loop and wrapped it in pvc tape and pushed it up in the ceiling void - is this accepteble as a quick solution???

No! Would you do that with chock blocks and wrap them in tape?? Wagos are just connectors, they still need a suitable enclosure!

The push in connectors are single use, as once the cables are in they ain't coming out, but the lever connectors can be reused time and time again.

Anyone used the Ideal twist ons? I was pleasantly surprised, but still repulsed lol

i have some but I only ever use them for a temporary connections as they are handy and quick. BUT, I would never use them for permanent connections, they can easily come loose and I just couldn't trust them 100% I think they are used a lot in America though.

How many of you guys use wago clips and are they any good?

Is these considered as a professional consumeble products, or are they just a DIY gimmik?

I was doing some remmedial work on a new build recently and these things where everywhere you looked.
I had to remove a few in order to do my bit of remmedial work, had a little fiddle around with some of them but ended up getting fustrated with them and throwing them away. Just that I was thinking about buying a set of them and having another go with new ones, but if they are no good for anyone then I might not bother - Your input please??

Many thanks

Jamie
Fantastic, especially for REMEDIAL work.

i have some but I only ever use them for a temporary connections as they are handy and quick. BUT, I would never use them for permanent connections, they can easily come loose and I just couldn't trust them 100% I think they are used a lot in America though.
?

get some lever wagos instead.

you can connect upto 5cables together in one piece if you wanted.

a lot quicker for tempories especially testing etc

I use the ideal branded ones and they're great to use and speed things up a bit. As said above buy an installer pack and try them.
Ideal also make "twisters" which came in handy when I did tenanted rewires although they are bulky it speeds up work.
There a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it!

No! Would you do that with chock blocks and wrap them in tape?? Wagos are just connectors, they still need a suitable enclosure!

You can use a Wagobox or Wagobox Lite (for lighting circuits), I use these all the time.

Also I've moved over to Ideal brand for some connections, they allow a higher current maintenance-free.

Also, I occasionally use the miniature version (2273 series), e.g. for lighting connections where space is very restricted (such as some wall lights).

I love the Wagos - use them all the time so much better then chocs.

I hate the Ideal Twisters with a passion - I just don't understand how they can be allowed.

I think the Yanks use them all the time and love them - but I have heard them cause fires in America but not sire how true that is!

I hate the Ideal Twisters with a passion - I just don't understand how they can be allowed.

I think the Yanks use them all the time and love them - but I have heard them cause fires in America but not sire how true that is!

they'll just need to amend their regs. get these connectors made out of metal or non-combustible material, or enclose them in steel cabinets.

your thinking of scruits

foot bone connected to the ankle bone
ankle bone connected to the leg bone
leg bone connected to the back bone
backbone connected to the neck bone
neck bone connected to the zimmer bone

Reply to Wago Connectors? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net