Wago connectors | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wago connectors in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
When connecting wires in a switch, say two neutrals, I have been using for speed a Wago 2 wire lever connector, which I find so easy and not to bad on price, but I was wondering if I could in fact use the Wago 2 wire electric push connector or does this connector have to be used in the ipcc junction box??

Cheers

Lyngarth

Hi
When connecting wires in a switch, say two neutrals, I have been using for speed a Wago 2 wire lever connector, which I find so easy and not to bad on price, but I was wondering if I could in fact use the Wago 2 wire electric push connector or does this connector have to be used in the ipcc junction box??

Cheers

Lyngarth
Do you mean,at the switch or in general.If it's just at the switch,can't see a problem just using the connectors only,if it's at the rose i would tend to use the wago J/B.

Both the push connectors and the lever connectors can be used as you describe. The IPcc box is actually made by a seperate company to Wago. The box was designed by WagoBox. There is no requirement by Wago to use the push connector in this box. The Ipcc box is designed for use in situations that require maintenance free connections that are unaccessable. Agree with Mac though, would use one at rose.

Hi
Sorry I didn't make it very cvlear in my post, yes I did mean just in switches. I was hopeing it would be fine as every penny saved helps my golf fund !!

I didn't know the box was not made by Wago, but I must say what a great box and set it is, saves so much time when doing lights.

Cheers

Lyngarth

Don't worry about them Wago connectors, they are excellent.

90% of North America is wired together with Thimble connectors!!

Although you can't use the Wago's with stranded right?

I received my free sample last week, and ordered the starter set straight away. I've never been very keen on the push in connectors on lights, but these are a lot more robust, and I think the box is great. No fiddly, tiny screws and cordgrips.
I was an old fashioned JB man, but if we can't use them anymore, and these things are accepted by the powers that be, then who am I to argue?

My poor, shakey fingers and tired wrist (I'm only 36) will be grateful of these.

Les

The HellaCon push connectors are pretty good too, cheaper than the wago ones i think.
CEF stock them

Had to use the Hellacon 2 core connectors (grey ones) in college a few times and will have to in an assessment soon.
Me, a lot of other students agree with our tutor. Hate them. seems hit and miss if a cable stays in the connector. to get them in we had to do most connection with both cables in one hole even tho they have one hole for each cable. Tried to get 2 earths in (1 from FP and 1 from a 3C+E and the 3C+E kept coming out again with the slightest touch (not even a pull on the cable). Took 3 of us about 10 attempts to get a good connection on them.

Think wago look better made but have never used.

Thanks

the problem with the earths ( cpc's ) is that if they are sleeved, you push on the sleeve and not the conductor, so the don't go in the connector. the solution is to use narrow nosed pliers to get a grip. i never have any problems. don't forget that for flex cable you need to use the lever or cage connectors.

I had a couple of lever connectors in my hands for a while and was fidgeting with them.
Opening and closing the levers.
When I actually got round to using them on solid core they failed the tug test. :)
Repeatedly.

Not sure if this was coincidence or not but new connectors straight out of the box in a fidget free environment were just fine.

wagos are brilliant!! i would never use conector blocks any more!! you should look into all the different types, and there applications. and by using the correct ones you save alot of space in whatever the enclosure, and it becomes more cost effective!!

Had to use the Hellacon 2 core connectors (grey ones) in college a few times ....... seems hit and miss if a cable stays in the connector.

If your college is anything like the ones round here, those same Hellacon connectors have probably suffered a few years constant abuse at the hands of students. Not surprised they are losing the will to clamp. I have used both Hellacon and Wago - nothing between them. Both great.

LINE are confident we offer the best prices generally! Our forumshop gives forum members an even better deal!
See this thread for reasons to use the LINE enclosure: http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...s/49814-my-line-wago-products-experience.html

I beg to differ on the price.
[h=1]24A, 0.8 to 2.5mm Din Rail Connector - GREY[/h][h=2]From Only £0.60[/h]
Wago equivalent only £0.39

- - - Updated - - -

LINE are confident we offer the best prices generally! Our forumshop gives forum members an even better deal!
See this thread for reasons to use the LINE enclosure: http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...s/49814-my-line-wago-products-experience.html

[h=1]24A, 0.8 to 2.5mm Din Rail Connector - GREY[/h][h=2]From Only £0.60[/h]

24A, 0.8 to 2.5mm Din Rail Connector - GREY

From Only £0.60

- - - Updated - - -

24A, 0.8 to 2.5mm Din Rail Connector - GREY

From Only £0.60

I am pleased that is the only product that you are questioning! The connector you refer to is from the topjob 2002 range. The product we offer (equivalent to their 285 range) is a cage clamp type connection which is a higher spec than the 2002. The site you referenced only offers this equivalent in 125A.
In addition we supply end pieces, marking cards etc included in the price of the connectors.
When you look at the other din rail connectors in the range the prices are a lot closer.
e.g 41A wago = 74p, line = 76p cover plate wago = 22p, cover plate LINE = 0p
We are offering a superior product at a really good price!

FWIW I buy all my pushfit connectors from LINE.

The enclosures are also spot on.

cheaper than Screwfix for connectors and once you have used the enclosures you won't go back :)

Since starting in the field in january, I have quickly picked up on wago connectors. They are a lot quicker than connector blocks and don't seem to leak on the IR test saving further time on insulation taping up connection :) All round ++ for me

The MF JB you mean? Yeah i've used line enclosures ... don't mind line or wago to be fair, im not fussy, just seem to be using wago for whatever reason at the moment lol.

Line and Wago connectors are much of a muchness, but the wagobox is a bit of an unwieldy piece of plastic when compared to the line enclosure.

Reply to Wago connectors in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net