weird calls | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss weird calls in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

haha this has reminded me of a call from a lady, it went something like:

"hello is that the electrician?"
"yes, speaking"
"are you the fat one"
"well i could probably do with losing a few pounds but............!"
"or the other one?"

I reminded her of the name of the lads she was looking for - they're well known locally and tbh one of them is a hefty bloke!

I also said she'd be ok to call for anything in the future, and she went on her merry way!

had a few calls for the Mrs ( its her name on contract) when I say shes not available they start telling me how they can help me out of my debt I then go off on one telling them Im going home to batter the living daylights out my money grabbing squandering cheating wife
Had one threaten to call the police on me before i got home I told him there is no way Id hit my wife BUT he should realise that by asking for my wife then "advising me" about debt makes me think she has got me into debt( she hasnt ) I then ask for manager and explain what iv said to the wee guy who is in shock by this time Manager takes note of my concerens ( so he says ) My mother use to work for social work department and that sort of thing DOES regretably happen

Another one was when " terry" called from some company and my mother answered he started waffling "Hi there Im Terry from XXXXXXX " ( hes from the indian continent obviously ) So Mum starts asking "Terry is that the name your mother gave you ?" next she starts " would your mother be proud of you that you dont think the name given by her and your father is good enough for you to use I think thats terrible disrespect of your parents " She has done this several times all the same sort of result Terry hanging up nearly in tears

I try to wind them up if I can, one of my best (well I think so) was when I had a call offering me some sort of deal on a phone, I said sorry but I do not have a phone....
You would think at this stage they would have realised that they had phoned me,
going off script just throws them completely..

I usually ask: "Where did you get this number?" then go on with: "You have called an unlisted Ministry of Defence telephone" then I say quietly as though I was speaking to someone in the room:"Trace this call .. fast!!"

They usually hang up at this point.

recently while working in a hotel in edinburgh the "taxi phone" would ring and the lassie would answer with "Hollyrood house how can I help you?"

Reply to weird calls in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net