what can i do | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what can i do in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dingledong

Just tested a flat no cpc to lights and switches , so on the report class 2 etc etc but the people are selling and there are 4 metal light fittings which are now pendants but I know from what's been asked and hinted he will put the metal lights back up nothing I can do to cover myself

[ElectriciansForums.net] what can i do

I am a softy it passed but for that so I said if I do that it will pass
Just like you going for an mot and it fails cos you have a loose exhaust but if he is a nice man he will tighten it up and pass it
Ps
I don't do gardening I get my other half to do it

I am a softy it passed but for that so I said if I do that it will pass
Just like you going for an mot and it fails cos you have a loose exhaust but if he is a nice man he will tighten it up and pass it
Ps
I don't do gardening I get my other half to do it

Why is it that people make incorrect assimilations an EICR and and MOT are two totally different objects an MOT has a set criteria that is either pass or fail unlike an EICR that is a report on what you find so changing these fittings makes the installation satisfactory (a pass I think in your assessment schedule) or does it elevate it to fair or good or excellent condition then, when push comes shove it's still a poor installation with no CPC on the lighting cct softy or not

Don't know what is happening these days but since the introduction of the 17th edition it seems to have messed with the heads of some qualified sparks who seem to be unable to report the facts without messing around with the installation they are doing the EICR on. Why not report that the installation is unsatisfactory because of the unearthed metal fittings and the reason why or is somebody trying to hide the real facts here.

As this type of thread is becoming more common may be we need a new forum section The Confessional where members can get their sins of their chest

People only want a passed eicr or satisfactory to you or if you give a failed they will want you to do the remedial work so they can get a passed cert . So it is the same as an mot as they are just doing a report on the roadworthyness of your vehicle or dwelling
. All they want to see is satisfactory , I could put any old rubbish down and numbers ,readings that are completely wrong all they want is satisfactory

And my original post was just the fact that these people by the way they were talking that they were going to Tegic the metal fittings back up. Most people go ok and that's the end of it , my post was if they put them up again and something happened where would I stand

People only want a passed eicr or satisfactory to you or if you give a failed they will want you to do the remedial work so they can get a passed cert . So it is the same as an mot as they are just doing a report on the roadworthyness of your vehicle or dwelling
. All they want to see is satisfactory , I could put any old rubbish down and numbers ,readings that are completely wrong all they want is satisfactory

It is not the same as an MOT!

Driving a vehicle on a public road without a valid MOT is illegal, owning a house without an EICR is not.
A complaint about a dodgy MOT results in VOSA landing on the garage like a ton of bricks, the same for an EICR results in sweet fa!

People only want a passed eicr or satisfactory to you or if you give a failed they will want you to do the remedial work so they can get a passed cert .

There you go again, with passed and fail you must be using different EICR's to me
So are you saying that you have not noted the lack of a CPC on the lighting cct

So it is the same as an mot as they are just doing a report on the roadworthyness of your vehicle or dwelling

As I said earlier an MOT test has a set criteria that is a pass or fail it is not a report although advisories are reported and included on the certificate

And my original post was just the fact that these people by the way they were talking that they were going to Tegic the metal fittings back up. Most people go ok and that's the end of it , my post was if they put them up again and something happened where would I stand

I think you made a rod for your own back as soon as you tampered with the installation instead of changing the fittings why did you not install a CPC to the lighting cct same effect and probably safer for the EICR without any comeback

Then again to use your EICR and MOT comparison they both have a similar guarantee period of the minute you are out through the door it's finished

People want a cert for a reason and they want one that shows.it's all ok so a passed one please ,they are selling ,buying ,letting , checking the builders electrical work who quoted cheaper than the electrician and all are given to someone else who wants to see satisfactory or in there mind passed if it says unsatisfactory then they can't let can't sell or want a discount on the house they are purchasing
I think only once has someone asked just for a report for themselves for their own use
So even though it's just a report it's for a reason it's usually for some one else and if it's a good report a passed report then things proceed if it's unsatisfactory then it wont

There you go again, with passed and fail you must be using different EICR's to me
So are you saying that you have not noted the lack of a CPC on the lighting cct
I explained to the customer every choice they had they chose not me
It seems you go around people's places and do what you want
I explain to my customer give them the choices maybe recommend a choice but at the end of the day it's there choice
We have 2 companies down here who do w h at you seem to do fail it want to get paid then want to charge double for a PASSED cert plus the remedial of course . I think thAt ripping some one of personally
Same with my mot garage he will tell me what s wrong as he goes along , not just fail it and say e factly what your saying then tightens the nut up and does another mot so not cheap

No ding, if I'm doing an EICR that's what they get, satisfactory or unsatisfactory with the reason. If they then get me to do the remedials I issue a cert to cover them cross referenced to the EICR, not another EICR + cert.

Reply to what can i do in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net