What? No Thatcher thread? | Page 9 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What? No Thatcher thread? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

What i know of her legacy, is that was during her reign of power, that the rise of the greed culture reared it's ugly head, and it's still there to this day. That all started with the Yuppies on the deregulation of the city finance and broker institutions, and quickly spread throughout the country. Which by the way, ultimately led to the demise of the now VERY greedy banking institutions. No-one seems to remember the just how many boom and bust times there were during her time, and who actually ended up paying for those busts!! lol!!

and know one seems to remember the strikes and who paid for those, answer WE all did. she broke the culture of 'lets strike for an extra 10 min's tea break and while we are about it add an extra 20% to our wages but we will settle for 10% and our brothers in the mining/steelworks/car industry are under threat of closure because they have lost x millions/ billions in a couple of years , come on brothers lets strike for them as well, lets keep them open so mr mugg taxpayer can pay. Your heroe brown opened the doors to the fiasco that was the banking crisis that has just occurred, he sold our gold for half price to pay for his wacky financial theories and allowed immigration of unprecedented levels to keep inflation under control, and he gave the banks freedom to do what they liked, hence the banking crises under his watch, That and blair giving into the eu at every opportunity ie giving away our rebate and bringing in the humans right act have left us with dole cue's and millons on one sort of benifit or another, but blair and his missis are ok, she made a fortune out of it, and blair himself has made a mint with his best seller ' how to ruin a country and make a bloody fortune doing it'.

PS she did not have breast enlargements on the NHS ' and who actually ended up paying for those busts!! lol!!') quote from engineer 54, She went private.:wink_smile:

Specs there's one problem with your argument there mate. The deregulation of the financial services industry which led to the problems we face today took place on Maggie's watch. I'm no fan of Brown but can't blame him for something that happened before he moved in to Number 10

I have already said my goodbye to her when she died,my seat will be empty if anyone wants it

I was just wondering if there was something interesting on the other channel tomorrow,just in case i get home from work early

I could come on here and look in at the 3000+ club,its probably a better pastime if the other channel has nothing good on

Specs there's one problem with your argument there mate. The deregulation of the financial services industry which led to the problems we face today took place on Maggie's watch. I'm no fan of Brown but can't blame him for something that happened before he moved in to Number 10
Yes i can blame him the man was an idiot , he was chancellor for many years under blair, he was the chief accountant for the nation, he fiddled with figures all of his political life, WHY did he not reign in the banks , instead he gave them 'MORE ' freedom to ruin us all, he allowed them to put themselves in hock in the hope it would all pay off in the long run. brown was responsible for the biggest boom and bust in our history.

Reply to What? No Thatcher thread? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back