What? No Thatcher thread? | Page 8 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What? No Thatcher thread? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I take no pleasure from her death or from the suffering and indignity of her final years. I will not mourn her passing though.

Nor me .you know the devastation up here , but in truth she was just a figurehead for a bunch of right wing cronies , they even told her how to speak, no brilliant state person, just a mouthpiece, we still have some of them calling the shots, those of them that are out of jail that is.

I disagree that she was just the figure head mate, yes there were people in the cabinet who were just as if not more right wing but if you weren't on the same page as her you were out on your ear

The iron lady started 30 odd years of londoncentric policies which is one of the reasons this country is in the grubber.after the Falklands she rode a wave of patriotism and could do no wrong in the eyes of the city which was subject to deregulation about then.all the money got pumped into finance to the detriment of manufacturing and engineering.look where that has got us.the north south divide is now a London vs rest of the uk.she certainly was a strong If not dogmatic leader.all her cabinet were scared of her so couldn't reign her extreme policies in ,or they were bounced out.the yes men of her time are now all lords by the way and still pulling strings.she still gets the heckles up after all this time but people do not forget hard times that were caused needlessly to prove to herself she was right.
indeed the most divisive leader of recent times.she was no Winston Churchill.

Parliament endorses lots of things that we all disagree with and the queen by adding the royal assent adds her endorsement although she doesn't really have a choice in the matter. She can refuse to but this would cause a constitutional crisis and is for another thread really but it has to be said that it's no secret that the queen didn't like her at all so why she and phil are attending the funeral is beyond me.

respect, for a person who actually did something (right or wrong depending on how it affected you as an individual ) that she believed was right for the country and the people as a whole. She went to europe and got rebates, blair went and gave it all back, she didnt want this country to be the target of freeloaders from all over the world, brown let them all in. She was wrong on many things, but right in many more and for some people to celebrate her death as if she was hitler/stalin etc is wrong.

I disagree that she was just the figure head mate, yes there were people in the cabinet who were just as if not more right wing but if you weren't on the same page as her you were out on your ear

But they were the ones that put the knife in her back and got rid of her when she no longer served their purpose.

Not read much of this thread, this debate is far too deep for me lol and especially with Mike and Trev on the warpath...ill keep quiet lol.

All i will say though is....When she had so many people against her, she stuck to what she believed in - whether it was right or wrong. That deserves a little respect, no matter what side you're on IMO.

And another thing - i can understand trev saying he won't mourn her passing, which is completley fair enough and fine by me. But the people who actually celebrate need their heads checking. If you hate her that much, you should be glad she's now gone and leave it at that...saw a video of some teenagers dancing in the street...they wern't even around in her time.

Not read much of this thread, this debate is far too deep for me lol and especially with Mike and Trev on the warpath...ill keep quiet lol.

All i will say though is....When she had so many people against her, she stuck to what she believed in - whether it was right or wrong. That deserves a little respect, no matter what side you're on IMO.

And another thing - i can understand trev saying he won't mourn her passing, which is completley fair enough and fine by me. But the people who actually celebrate need their heads checking. If you hate her that much, you should be glad she's now gone and leave it at that...saw a video of some teenagers dancing in the street...they wern't even around in her time.

Me on the warpath???? Nah, merely expressing an opposing view in a debate Mark. :) As I've said, those taking this as a moment for celebration are wrong, two people who are very much alive have just lost their mother and like lots of others I know how difficult a time that is. They have done very little if anything to harm any of us so their feelings should be taken into consideration. After all they did not ask to be born into the family. As far as the teenagers dancing in the streets, well they are just idiots imho.

Being from a northern pit village myself, I should probably despise the woman. However If i look at the bigger picture Mrs Thatcher served her country for many years doing what she thought was right. Some of her policies were very good and very effective. Others not so much.

I am to young to remember her however unlike many I at least read up on a person before forming an opinion!

It sickens me to hear of people celebrating her death, shame on those people, and I do not think the media shuld be publishing this as "news".

Love her or hate her all should show a basic level of respect to her and her family

Rant Over :p

A basic level of respect to her, disagree. A basic level of respect to her family (because they have just lost someone important to them) agree.

Everyones intitled to an opinion of her. And by this thread, it's safe to say maggie is like marmite.

Although i am a conservative, i'm very much neutral when it comes to old margaret...good points, and bad.

Think the moral of this thread is that, she was a highly controversial figure - and we can let history decide her fate.

Margaret Thatcher was, without a doubt one of the hardest prime-ministers we've ever had - i'm not saying whether her beliefs were right or wrong, nor am i trying to say we need a new prime minster with her beliefs again...what im trying to say is we need a new prime minster with the same level of determenation and political drive as Margaret did...whether it's a labour, conservative, liberal prime minster i'm not bothered....we just need someone with a hardened approach to sort this european farce out. If UKIP can iron-out some of their policies, i'll be a follower.

Reply to What? No Thatcher thread? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back