What system is this? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What system is this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyy

To settle an argument

[ElectriciansForums.net] What system is this?

You're trying to tell me you've never seen a single phase single wire system??? :lol:

Must admit, ...I've never seen a cut outs outgoing tails set-up as shown in this photo. It that a preformed concentric lead going to the meter?? What sort of CSA would it be on this installation, as it looks on the small side. But then photo's have a habit of making things look smaller than they are!! lol!!!

It looks to me an old 2phase system there with the 2 lead sheaths going to the head. The TN-S definitely looks "Sparkie" made and not DNO.

What is surprising me as E54 said looks like a concentric set of "tails" going off there and it look pretty new. I would be asking

1. As it looks a fairly new head, and certainly a new tail connection, they surely must have seen the chocy block earth and wonder what the ...........

Or at the time it was a TT system and after all this along came "sparkie" and ...well the rest is there to see.

I also think those 2 leads look like they are on their last legs. Out of curiosity what was your Ze?

They are 16mm tails not concentric they have the inner blue and brown sheath, looks like to be re wired few years ago and my guess is that they put the connector block on the earth as it looks fairly clean, the two incoming cables confused me a little as to what system it is but looks like TN-S to me, my Ze was 0.16.

They are 16mm tails not concentric they have the inner blue and brown sheath, looks like to be re wired few years ago and my guess is that they put the connector block on the earth as it looks fairly clean, the two incoming cables confused me a little as to what system it is but looks like TN-S to me, my Ze was 0.16.

I'm talking about the lead that goes from the Service cut-out to the meter, that has got to be concentric, I've not seen one before (in the flesh so-to-speak) but going by the size of that preformed lead it's definitely concentric....

See this is the kind of thing that still scares the bayjesus out of me, mainly being used to new build. At what point do you say, No that's TOO wrong, it's gotta come out and be done properly..?

The installation at the DB onwards is fine and passed no problem, however Would the state of the incoming service stop you from passing the installation and contacting western power? But in my experience of it works then they think it's ok lol.

Reply to What system is this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net