What system is this? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What system is this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyy

To settle an argument

[ElectriciansForums.net] What system is this?

I visited a friend in Devon recently. I guess the supply head to meter cable is similar to the OP's. Do they do this to make it harder to tap off the supply before the meter? It was originally an overhead supply, but now it runs up the front wall and through the building somewhere before it gets to the meter box on the back wall.
[ElectriciansForums.net] What system is this?

Would think that arrangement is to cover the concentric terminations in this case.

Yes. What I meant was, do they use concentric rather than two insulated and sheathed singles to make stealing electricity more difficult? (as you'd have to break through the outer, neutral, conductors to get at the line conductor)

Reply to What system is this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net