Currently reading:
Will you vote?

Discuss Will you vote? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Will you vote?

• Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Will spoil my voting paper

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Starmer but he will not be able to do right for doing wrong.

Two days ago I was in the middle of a massive blue land mass, now I've on the edge of a blue island, half a mile from the shore. If just 183 votes had been cast differently in neighbouring constituencies, it would be a much smaller island. If Lib dem and Labour could have agreed on tactical voting, there wouldn't be an island at all.
After the first half mile, I it looks like I can now drive all the way to Silverstone, the best part of 200 miles, without crossing any 'blue'

Isn't it strange that on a forum like this one that is only known by hard working people that there is a lot more open support for Reform and right wing views, yet go on a more general forum that's populated by all sorts of dross and this kind of talk gets shouted down immediately.

It only reinforces my view that the lefties can and do spend all day on forums with multiple accounts each posting bile after bile of leftist nonsense making it look like they are the majority in order to keep the gravy train of dole going for them.

Isn't it strange that on a forum like this one that is only known by hard working people that there is a lot more open support for Reform and right wing views, yet go on a more general forum that's populated by all sorts of dross and this kind of talk gets shouted down immediately.

It only reinforces my view that the lefties can and do spend all day on forums with multiple accounts each posting bile after bile of leftist nonsense making it look like they are the majority in order to keep the gravy train of dole going for them.
Well, most of them have the time to do it.

People on here spend their spare time looking to help or learn.

About the only good thing to come out of this GE

I genuinley worry for the future of this country under Starmer. Taxes will go up, up and up

The new Secretary of State for business and trade has never worked in a business, much less ran one. He worked at a local council and as a political assistant, after gaining a degree in history. I expect the cash economy will increase significantly over the next five years.

• Informative
Reactions: DPG
I don't like Starmer but he will not be able to do right for doing wrong.

Pretty much the case for any PM these days, but Starmer has set himself up for considerable criticism with several years of bold statements followed by contradiction and u-turn, along with many impossible to fulfill 'promises' during the election campaign. When not avoiding questions he was answering them by promising all things to all people - basically a *working class Richi Sunak with a different coloured tie.

*My use of working class was facetious in the extreme, but that's how he has repeatedly chosen to label himself while continually lying about his background and his father's employment.

• Agree
Reactions: DPG
Found an image providing employment history of (what was) Labour's shadow government. While some changes will probably be made, these are the people tasked with running the country for five years. Hold on to your hats...

1720201469509.png

1720201487425.png

I expect the cash economy will increase significantly over the next five years.
That's if cash survives this government...! Not to mention all manner of limits to freedom of speech that may be coming that would criminalise dissent from 'The Party Line' on important issues around race , gender and goodness knows what else and also the devolution of power from elected officials to quangos, technocrats and the like. The Tories have failed to prevent the progression of all this wokery and now it will be full steam ahead on all this nonsense some of which it has been pointed out may be very tricky to unpick, always assuming we ever get another conservative minded government.

If it helps any I can't stand Farage or Reform but equally can't stand the ballache of arguing the ---- about politics on an electricians forum.
Anyway I'm off to be a leftist dross , previously tory voter now completely disillusioned with politics, while I shout at people with a different view to me ^^

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will you vote? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock