Wiring up an immersion heater - help please | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wiring up an immersion heater - help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofty84

Hi guys if anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. I've got to wired up a immersion heater. There is a switched fused spur mounted on the outside of the cupboard housing said immersion heater from this is a piece of flexed which need to be wired in. On top of the immersion heater is somewhere for the cables to go on the left is a heatrae terminal with a minus sin above it and on the right is a rdg terminal with a plus sign above it i take it live goes to the right and neutral to the left and the earth to the bi screw which says warning this alliance must be earthed. If so I will need some sort of earth crip and then a nut to tighten it down and make sites there a good solid connection. Any help greatly appreciated as there waiting on me to do It

I thought this was an electricians forum where you asked questions relating to electrical thing, i could understand it If i came in here asking what was the best colour to paint a kitchen

Now that really should have been your chosen profession. I understand there's LOTS of work around for painters ..... well, either that or a stand-up comedian. ;)

well then I would probably loose my job which I dont fancy doing as its well paid and I get a company van. As I say I know how to do this now as someone sent me a link and told me what to do, I wont forget this and so on the next one it wont be a problem. infact in a miniute im going to go and take a look at the one upstairs.

no but they said they will put me through my 2391 or the equivilent which is nice of them, thats why I wouldnt mind keeping the job man

You are joking right?It is the hardest exam you can do as a spark and you dont even know how to get a 2 way switch working???????????????????????????????

Is this a wind up but then again years ago he would have been filtered out of the trade instead this appears to be the norm plus I take it if he does not know how to wire it up if he gets it wrong he will have a big kettle on his hands and on a sadder note remember the baby that was killed when this happened

Reply to Wiring up an immersion heater - help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net