Wiring up an immersion heater - help please | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wiring up an immersion heater - help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofty84

Hi guys if anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. I've got to wired up a immersion heater. There is a switched fused spur mounted on the outside of the cupboard housing said immersion heater from this is a piece of flexed which need to be wired in. On top of the immersion heater is somewhere for the cables to go on the left is a heatrae terminal with a minus sin above it and on the right is a rdg terminal with a plus sign above it i take it live goes to the right and neutral to the left and the earth to the bi screw which says warning this alliance must be earthed. If so I will need some sort of earth crip and then a nut to tighten it down and make sites there a good solid connection. Any help greatly appreciated as there waiting on me to do It

well were see about that, yes I might get sacked but ill keep going and ill get there one day. when I say get there I mean have the knowledge and confidence to crack on with any domestic electrical work with out needining to ask for any help. then ill train up some lucky dudes which is probably something most of you havent done because your not busy enough or just dont have the skills. why dont all of you moaning about the trade which is on its knees I know try and win contracts with big housing associations and that instead of moaning and taking it out on someone who is just trying to put food on the table and follow his passion.

well were see about that, yes I might get sacked but ill keep going and ill get there one day. when I say get there I mean have the knowledge and confidence to crack on with any domestic electrical work with out needining to ask for any help. then ill train up some lucky dudes which is probably something most of you havent done because your not busy enough or just dont have the skills. why dont all of you moaning about the trade which is on its knees I know try and win contracts with big housing associations and that instead of moaning and taking it out on someone who is just trying to put food on the table and follow his passion.
How would you like it if a plumber came into your house and fitted a gas boiler that the previous evening he had been asking on a forum how to fit? If you wire something up wrong which by the way you talk will be sooner rather than later you could kill someone! Does that not bother you?

I see what your saying and I wouldnt like that but its not really the same is it. My work needs to be tested before it is commisioned and anything not right will show up and be put right. Its not as though these guys are paying for it as it is for a housing association.

no hense why I asked the question I didnt see you giving me an anwer so im presumming you didnt know. where you one of those kids at school to frightened to ask a question incase it made you look silly.

If you want to learn how to do things properly, go to a college and get the appropriate qualifications like the guys on here. Then and only then you will realise why we can't do things at the prices you do. Any stupid mug could undercut prices from a qualified professional and then cut corners to make it pay but when someone gets killed would it really be worth it?

I thought this was an electricians forum where you asked questions relating to electrical thing, i could understand it If i came in here asking what was the best colour to paint a kitchen

it appears this thread has crashed badly.

a bit like this really ...........

[ElectriciansForums.net] Wiring up an immersion heater - help please

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Wiring up an immersion heater - help please
    train-crash.png
    749.4 KB · Views: 79
dude I have been to college I aquired my 2330 and 17th eddition I paid for them myself and worked as a porter in the evening having worked for free all day with an electrican as it was the only opportunity I had at the time. trust me Ive worked hard to get to where Ive got to. all im asking is electrical related questions and you lot are shooting me down.

I see what your saying and I wouldnt like that but its not really the same is it. My work needs to be tested before it is commisioned and anything not right will show up and be put right. Its not as though these guys are paying for it as it is for a housing association.
So essentially the guys who test it just as well have done the job properly to start with, it would save wasting everyones time and money! What difference does it make who's paying for it? It still doesn't make it right being paid for a job that you haven't got a clue how to do!

You are attracting hostility because you are working as an electrician without seemingly the most basic of knowledge. You have just mentioned you are not going to let on about your obvious shortcomings to your employer for fear of being sacked. Then you expect to get help here to fill in the numerous gaps in your expertise and everyone to be nice as pie ?
Get real pal.
I once worked with a spark who had a story about the most clueless numbnuts he had ever worked with. His example of how useless this guy was, was that he asked for a wiring diagram so he could wire up an immersion heater.
Nuff said.

I fear that one day, not far from now, said company will find out when some old dear gets fried whilst taking a bath.

Reply to Wiring up an immersion heater - help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net