Working in this heat | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Working in this heat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
is anyone else unlucky enough to be inside working during our glorious summer we so deservedly need?
iv been in a greenhouse working in 50+ heat for the last week
[ElectriciansForums.net] Working in this heat

going onto nights next week thank god

i think i've been quite lucky with this heatwave, been working in some new builds that are jam packed full of insulation ever since it started getting hot. it's amazing how much cooler they stay than say, the garage, which is a sweatbox cos theres no insulation. and the loft is just out of bounds after 10AM!
also another thing i just learned this week, if anybodys having trouble sleeping cos of the heat, open up your loft hatch in the evening and all the hot air escapes into the loft and it cools the house

Dry heat isnt too bad but high humidity means the air is saturated and sweat doesn't readily evaporate of you as it would normally hence your core temp rises quicker and can be very uncomfortable indeed.

also another thing i just learned this week, if anybodys having trouble sleeping cos of the heat, open up your loft hatch in the evening and all the hot air escapes into the loft and it cools the house

Praying this works!

Last night was the worst of the recent bunch, walking into my living room from my bedroom felt like walking into an air conditioned shop in a boiling hot country, the thermostat in there read 28!! I dread to think what my bedroom was. All this 3-4 hours sleep is starting to nause my work up though, tis no good at night.

Praying this works!

Last night was the worst of the recent bunch, walking into my living room from my bedroom felt like walking into an air conditioned shop in a boiling hot country, the thermostat in there read 28!! I dread to think what my bedroom was. All this 3-4 hours sleep is starting to nause my work up though, tis no good at night.
Think about it, hot air rises. What wasn't said was that a downstairs window should be left just cracked open. This will naturally suck in cooler air and expel warm air through the loft hatch and out into the open air.

The thing is though, which i cant understand really... There is a minumum workplace temperature, but no maximum!! Im not saying we stop work when someone says "im too hot" but surley the extreme heat is as "dangerous", or maybe even more dangerous to our health than the cold... Wonderful world of health and safety eh.

Oh FFS!!!! It ****es down with rain and snow for 9 months of the year! It's bar steward freezing for months! We get fog! Most of the time we spend a bloody fortune on heating our homes!
We've got a few weeks of heat, enjoy it while it lasts and stop bloody whining.

Think about it, hot air rises. What wasn't said was that a downstairs window should be left just cracked open. This will naturally suck in cooler air and expel warm air through the loft hatch and out into the open air.

I get the sun on my bedroom windows from about 12 until it goes down, tried leaving the blind and windows shut all day yesterday and it wasn't too bad, went out and boiled when I got back. It was then I realised that the kitchen just sucked all the air in, heated it up, then gave it to me.

As for windows, I shut them at about half 11 on Tuesday, and then spent 10 minutes killing 57 little mosquitoes, so they're staying shut haha.

I *love* the hot weather, its the best summer we have had in years! Fathers a postman, brought that up because a posty in england collapsed and died of the heat. When there is time to enjoy the weather, its brilliant. Table and chairs are seeing the sun after being in the shed for years.

Reply to Working in this heat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net