Working in this heat | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Working in this heat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
is anyone else unlucky enough to be inside working during our glorious summer we so deservedly need?
iv been in a greenhouse working in 50+ heat for the last week
[ElectriciansForums.net] Working in this heat

going onto nights next week thank god

I get the sun on my bedroom windows from about 12 until it goes down, tried leaving the blind and windows shut all day yesterday and it wasn't too bad, went out and boiled when I got back. It was then I realised that the kitchen just sucked all the air in, heated it up, then gave it to me.

As for windows, I shut them at about half 11 on Tuesday, and then spent 10 minutes killing 57 little mosquitoes, so they're staying shut haha.

Crumbs next you'll be praying for rain!
bet you're a barrel of laughs on holiday?!

You're complaining about a few days working in high temperatures!! Been doing that for over 30 years now, 45 to 50+ c is neigh on the norm in most parts of the Arabian peninsula, and not much different in Southeast Asia. As has been said earlier, it's the heat combined with high humidity that's the real killer!! The worst i've encountered is being down in Hong Kong's metro tunnels, ...4 years of it!! . You literally can only go down, in boots, the thinest of shorts and a hard hat, and always come out a good few pounds lighter than when you went in!! lol!!

Re wiring commercial kitchen and having to pipe and trunk in hardest of places, up through grid ceiling...sweat dripping constantly of end of nose. But even went a cycle tonight after 12 hours at work and 1 hr travelling each way .
Started wearing shirts today with tool belt.. And yes work boots.
Nightmare but getting £3.50 an hour more on this job ...

La la la de da

The Lady electricians probably won't agree with that tip.

Ive succumbed to the heat. Been working in a roof. Spent £70 satday on shorts for work. Tried wearing just a hi-vis instead of t-shirt but it was brand new and too rigid...so ive ended up nicking some bf vests. There big but sports bra saves me.

next weeks meant to be even hotter!

Isn't it strange how we are expected to work in any temperature, but they send office workers home if it gets uncomfortable...
I know right....Life is so unfair for electricians...everyone is out to get us. If only we lived in a world where people were free to choose the career that suited them and weren't just lumbered with one that sees them penalised and picked on at every turn and generally treated no better than animals and all they are able to do to relieve the situation is moan about how unfair it is on the internet. That would be an awesome world....

And! If you're lucky enough to be working in a city centre location the girls wear less clothes.
What's not to like, you miserable gits!

Not just city centres Trev, I nearly crashed my van at The Nook today! And the lass I saw at the park in Shields with the train and pond etc by the amusements last week was a sight to behold!

Back to OP, I was installing a fan light in a conservatory today with new wiring to it so took a few hours.....I found it ironic that I was sweating away installing the very thing that could cool you down! Had loft lights to put in last week, that was no fun either!

But I would love 10 weeks of this weather guaranteed every year.

In Cyprus, as well as quite a few other Med countries, virtually the whole building trade comes to a stop during the month of July or August, when the Temp' and Humidity are at their highest!! ..lol!!

Reply to Working in this heat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar threads

I fitted a Mem MR30 Pod and MCB, about £75 for both.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Part III:). I think I have clarity-having spoken to my electrician who installed my heaters, he said that the part of my fuseboard that is...
2 3 4
Replies
Views

Weekend Offer: Haverland Heater Sale! 🔥

Hi everyone,

Another weekend, another sale!

Get ready for colder days with Haverland Radiators, combining efficiency with modern design. Keep your home warm and comfortable this winter!

Offer ends 20/10/24 at midnight—don’t miss out!

🛒 Shop now and save today: Weekend Offers - https://www.electrical2go.co.uk/weekend-offers

[ElectriciansForums.net] Weekend Offer: Haverland Heater Sale! 🔥

Have a great weekend!

Matt

E2GO

Multipack Madness is Back! 💡

Hi everyone,

This weekend we have a returning favourite sale on Downlight Multipacks!

Take a browse through Collingwood, Ovia and Ansell multipacks... but make sure you buy them soon!

These prices are only here until this Sunday at Midnight! (13/10/24)

Have a good weekend!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Multipack Madness is Back! 💡

Spend £250 (ex vat) and Get Draper VDE Pliers for FREE!

Hi everyone,

If you spend £250 (ex vat) this weekend on E2GO, remember to add Draper VDE Pliers (63216) to your basket and use the code: FREEVDE to get them for absolutely FREE!

Hurry though, this offer is limited to the first 50 customers! Once the stock’s gone, the code won’t work, so don’t miss out!

Have a great weekend!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Spend £250 (ex vat) and Get Draper VDE Pliers for FREE!

PCBWay 7th Project Design Contest Announcement

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay 7th Project Design Contest Announcement

Over the years, PCBWay has successfully hosted six editions of design contests, each showcasing incredible talent and creativity. The diverse themes in previous competitions have brought in numerous high-quality projects, allowing us to witness innovative ideas flourishing within the minds of engineers and designers.

We’ve always believed that design competitions foster meaningful connections between creators. PCBWay offers a platform where you can showcase your ideas, engage with a like-minded community, and discover new inspiration from the brilliant projects shared by others. The success of previous contests motivates us to continue this tradition.

We are excited to announce the launch of the PCBWay 7th Project Design Contest, which officially starts on September 1st, 2024, and will run until January 15th, 2025. We welcome everyone to submit their original projects. Upon successful approval, participants will receive a Raspberry Pi Pico as a reward for their entry.

Prizes
[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay 7th Project Design Contest Announcement

For more detailed information, please refer to the contest webpage:
Key Dates:

Project Submission Deadline: January 15, 2025
Judging Period: January 20 – February 28, 2025
Winners Announced: March 10, 2025

We’re excited to see your innovative creations and look forward to your participation in the PCBWay 7th Project Design Contest!

Our Clearance Sale!

Hi everyone,

We have a clearance sale live on Electrical2Go now until Sunday at Midnight!

Make sure you grab your savings now!

Have a great weekend!

E2GO

[ElectriciansForums.net] Our Clearance Sale![ElectriciansForums.net] Our Clearance Sale![ElectriciansForums.net] Our Clearance Sale![ElectriciansForums.net] Our Clearance Sale![ElectriciansForums.net] Our Clearance Sale![ElectriciansForums.net] Our Clearance Sale![ElectriciansForums.net] Our Clearance Sale!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back