Worst thing you've found in a premise when working! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Worst thing you've found in a premise when working! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kiers1970

House full of cats, stinks, start to drop fittings in kitchen,DEAD cat rotting away on top of cupboards.!

Tools packed post haste.

You should get a bottle... you never know what you could have picked up :tongue3:
good god man....i was VERY carefull as to where i went in that place ...i can tell you.....and i made damn sure i didn't have to go into any of the bedrooms..or near any of the filthy piles of clothes that were dotted about hither and fither.....didn't come into too close proximity to the tennants either.....just in case something lept off onto me.......that was about 2 weeks ago now so any contamination would have manefested itself by now......wouldn`t it??:sweatdrop:

had a couple of funny ones,one was a dead cat under a floor that had been cut in half lengthways possibly with a bandsaw.the second was working in the toilets in an infant school,my mate left his box in front of a urinal,little lad comes in and cant reach urinal cause of the box so he peed in it,i thought it was quite funny cause i was always telling him to watch where he left his tools.

No crap here. I've been walking round a job with a landlord who needed some outdoor lighting on his flats in the carpark and surrounding areas. I kid you not there was a 9 inch pink dildo just lying on the lawn behind the flats. The landlord just pretended he hadn't seen it!

good god man....i was VERY carefull as to where i went in that place ...i can tell you.....and i made damn sure i didn't have to go into any of the bedrooms..or near any of the filthy piles of clothes that were dotted about hither and fither.....didn't come into too close proximity to the tennants either.....just in case something lept off onto me.......that was about 2 weeks ago now so any contamination would have manefested itself by now......wouldn`t it??:sweatdrop:

just off for a shower cause i itch like mad now! lol

Workin in a house complaint was"water coming through the light" pulled fuse removed coner from celing rose the Liquid wasnt water Plumber arrived n we washed up n waited for the housing inspector to come as the "water" just didnt look right Police got called to break in up stairs As the social work woman was concerened about the old guy who hadnt been seen for a while Turned out that the Water was liquid from the old boy upstair as he was pan bread in his seat :(:(

Worst site Iv seen was a friends rental house after tenant had done a moonlight I still boak at the thought of what was there Glasses with penicilin growing in them ,toilet looked like it hadnt been flushed for weeks , used pants and towels under the bed along with profeactics everywhere used and not took our friend 2 weeks removing everything HOW can people live like that and leave a house in that state ??

I didnt see this one, but was there to reire the house after the placd was gutted.
Labourers found what they thought was an old teddy bear, minus the stuffing in a bin bag in the loft, no not that simple...'Twas a Skellington!
The houseowners (Who lived next door to my best mate) had standard poodles, and when one had died, simply bagged it up and stuck it in the loft!. My mates parents had a terrible smell for a few years, thought it was the drains!

I was doing remedial work in a hotel when I was an apprentice. Was working in one of the staff bedrooms and needed to replace the light above the bed (mattress on the floor), pulled the bed out the way and just as I was about to step over it noticed a rampant rabbit (not the furry kind) staring back at me that was originally under the bed. Decided to nudge it back under the bed with my boot and crack on regardless.

The real problem came when i pushed the bed back in to place. Unfortunately one of the buttons must have been pressed and this thing started vibrating like a jack hammer. I hoped that I could just leave it but it was vibrating so madly that I could hear it buzzing away against the floor boards at the end of the corridor. In a mad panic I had to get it out from under the bed again and try to turn it off which made it spin and wiggle and all sorts! Finally managed to get it to turn off and ran off to hide at the other end of the hotel for the rest of the day. Found out later the owner was the butchest looking Polish woman you have ever seen so quite glad I didn't get caught in the act of faffing about with her lady pleaser! :uhoh2:

Last edited:
This one is not so much found while working at a job , it is more what happened to us at the job !
It was last year and myself and one other were working at a rather prominent MPs home who had just the day before made one of the least liked announcements on social and welfare policy change for a good few years !
With out going into the details to much , i can say that after inadvertently setting off some none standard alarms (After letting the estate manager know what we were doing) while alone in the property , we could not raise anyone with a high enough clearance to have them reset ! ( Armed response ! ):41::001_9898:

Once did a job in Chappletown (leeds) ... lets just say its an area with a reputation anyway was wiring fire alarm systems to converted houses to flats, tenants still present, well as you do you tend to have a natter with the occupants and one such young lass was nattering away and i noticed a photo on the side of her with what can only be described as a dude looking like a big black rhino (brick xxxx house comes to mind), i asked if it was her chap to which she said yes and then explained hed just been sent down for shooting a bloke in a argument. She defended him as mistaken identity to which i played along and finished conversation.... wasnt till later in job when i found a stash of live bullets that i kinda made my own conclusions, gun case was empty though hmmm, already banged up so i decided i never saw anything ..:73:

working in a council house about 4 years ago, walked into the house and nearly puked with the smell. Old bloke had lived in the house for 5 years and of 3 of those his toilet wouldn't flush. But he continued to do number 1 and 2's in the toilet / bath / bathroom floor / just outside the back door. 3 months later we go the go ahead to rewire it. I refused to go. Still makes me nearly sick every time I think of it

Once did a job in Chappletown (leeds) ... lets just say its an area with a reputation anyway was wiring fire alarm systems to converted houses to flats, tenants still present, well as you do you tend to have a natter with the occupants and one such young lass was nattering away and i noticed a photo on the side of her with what can only be described as a dude looking like a big black rhino (brick xxxx house comes to mind), i asked if it was her chap to which she said yes and then explained hed just been sent down for shooting a bloke in a argument. She defended him as mistaken identity to which i played along and finished conversation.... wasnt till later in job when i found a stash of live bullets that i kinda made my own conclusions, gun case was empty though hmmm, already banged up so i decided i never saw anything ..:73:
yep....we do quite a bit round there...harehills, lincoln green,..lovel park....its like guns n drugs are the economy up chapeltown area...ford green n all that...

did a job for a really posh couple, started work at 7.45 as normal walked in to the downstairs bathroom which we had been using while working at the property to find dirty knickers on the floor...upon further investigation :teeth_smile: found a used tampon in the middle of them...knocked me sick as the lady knew we were using that loo instead of the upstairs one.......

Once called out to a council house to find out why tripping occurring. CU in the entrance p***** wet through. Not a word of english spoken by the tenants. Directly above was the bog. Found a hosepipe from a sink tap hanging in the bowl. It wasn't easy getting my point over in sign language!!!!!!

did a job for a really posh couple, started work at 7.45 as normal walked in to the downstairs bathroom which we had been using while working at the property to find dirty knickers on the floor...upon further investigation :teeth_smile: found a used tampon in the middle of them...knocked me sick as the lady knew we were using that loo instead of the upstairs one.......
a subliminal message maybe.....

A dead hare under a floor in a state of decomposition,that made me gag how it got there is a mystery to me.a big house in the country that had an attic that was like the bit on indiana jones when he flicks his lighter n it's insect tastic'.the whole attic moved when u put the lights on wi wasps bikes that were about 4ft in length.also caught scabies of a job where the old alky that stayed there had died.the environmental health team were there all suited up when I got there to get some hot water for them to clean up.christ that was itchy

A dead hare under a floor in a state of decomposition,that made me gag how it got there is a mystery to me.a big house in the country that had an attic that was like the bit on indiana jones when he flicks his lighter n it's insect tastic'.the whole attic moved when u put the lights on wi wasps bikes that were about 4ft in length.also caught scabies of a job where the old alky that stayed there had died.the environmental health team were there all suited up when I got there to get some hot water for them to clean up.christ that was itchy
well if you get owt like that again.....i`l look up the name of that bottle of stuff for you...lol....:ihih:

Cheers Glenn .if my memory serves me right I had this lotion I had to put on from tip to tail at night.n lie in my bed with the overwhelming urge to scratch like a dog wi fleas they don't teach this stuff at the college eh?i am never amazed at how manky some people are n that's ones u don't expect either.

Whilst doing rewire for a mate at his new abode, was getting lighting cable through immersion cupboard when i happened to find the previous owners lady pleasure kit. Still laugh now cos when she came round for any mail that was there that week he gave her it back. after that she got the mail redirected.

Reply to Worst thing you've found in a premise when working! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net