Questions and electrical advice in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum - Solar thermal forums for using sun-orientated energy to heat water, creating a low-cost heated water source. Chat with fellow installers, and find solar thermal systems installers on Electricians Forums today. :).

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,

Forum Prefix Filter

R
Over a year ago I started an Infra Red heating business but because of something else taking up all my time I have decide to sell it on . I'm not...
Replies
Views
Ron Phillips
R
Hopefully the children have all gone to bed and there can be serious discussion of this. The rules on sustainability and registration of supply...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
Just wondering how you rate pellet suppliers, just looking at bagged palletised options at the moment. I'm looking for one with a helpful delivery...
Replies
Views
Just wondering how you rate pellet suppliers, just looking at bagged palletised options at the moment. I'm looking for one with a helpful delivery...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
T
From tomorrow the £6000 available via GDHIF is to be cut to £4000...
Replies
Views
Ground source heat pumps, solar panels, inverters, LEDs & more. Question for you lads in this part of the industry- do you buy off a wholesaler...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have experience of fitting or performance of these systems? Several manufacturers including Worcester Bosch supply. I am very...
Replies
Views
We are looking at the possibility of adding heat technologies to our accreditation. One we are examining is biomass. Here's the rub. Whilst the...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, This is my first posting here so apologies for any transgressions, upsets, etc. I'm going to renovate a house and it's got a fairly large...
Replies
Views
P
Hi I'm trying to find a large 3-5 tonne outdoor pellet hopper for a biomass install, does anyone know of any wholesalers? Tom
Replies
Views
logical
L
T
How do you work out the Installed capacity of solar thermal panels? is it the aperture area x 0.7
Replies
Views
John Allen
J
T
Does anyone know if and when the tariff for non-domestic RHI is reducing?
Replies
Views
T
You are probably aware of these Forms A, B and C on the MCS site: Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Heat Pumps which we have to complete...
Replies
Views
Looking for some advice here. Went to see an existing solar thermal system installed 10 or so years ago it has soldered connections - allowed at...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice on a nice looking In-Roof Flat Panel Solar Thermal panel. Segen have the Schueco ones which i think look pretty good but they...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
N/A
We have a legacy ST system installed in early 2011 in a large family home comprising 120 tubes, 500L thermal store and a heat exchanger to a pool...
Replies
Views
Anyone familiar with Delta Sol solar thermal controls? Just wired a Y plan, existing cylinder was removed and replaced with a center store...
Replies
Views
S
Perhaps this should be directed to a plumbers forum, but I've had good advice here previously. We have an 8x4m swimming pool, two old 27kw...
Replies
Views
I
Hello peeps need some help I was sent today to install a solar thermal hot water system. I installed it but could not see how it would work. The...
Replies
Views
Megavolt
M
E
Hi could anyone help I have a customer that we are looking to install a 17kwp Solar PV system for who has asked how the RHI is calculated on a...
Replies
Views
elmrs
E
J
Hi, Does anyone have a schematic diagram of a solar thermal install that they would like to share? Thanks John
Replies
Views
john stirling
J
T
We briefly looked at this technology and decided that there was no evidence to support claims being made for it. Got this letter from MCS about...
Replies
Views
peteheat
P
Is solar thermal a waste of money ? Just been doing some calculations regarding 1 x Evacuated tube collector 15 tubes and twin coil tank 180l with...
Replies
Views
sedgy34
S
OK, so I may have this wrong (ducks and waits for the shells to arrive :) ) I'm starting this so that I too can learn... As far I can can...
Replies
Views
I was totally shocked to find out when registering a solar thermal and a heat pump installation we carried out that no EPC is required, how an...
Replies
Views
S
Solar energy, glowing, heat & light, room the sun has been connected by humans since ancient times using a range of ever-evolving technologies...
Replies
Views
sukasol
S
S
can anyone help me with a handover pack for solar thermal ? im lost !!!
Replies
Views
Those of you like me who do both PV and Thermal will have been thrilled by today's announcement that the domestic side of RHI is to be delayed...
Replies
Views
Green
G
S
Is there anybody who could please help me out with a solar thermal quotation, basicly i need to know how to lay the document out, so if someone...
Replies
Views
steve Leese
S
R
Firstly hope this is the right forum for my question, I am considering the installation, by others, for Solar roof panels. The main roof faces...
Replies
Views
S
would really appriciatte some help writing doc to support my CHAS inspection ! in particular the asbestos section and the method statement.
Replies
Views
SHARKEY
S
A
We are a Community Group at the moment getting quotations for a 9.9Kwp installation. We have a 3 phase electrical supply; does this create any...
Replies
Views
kristoff84
K
S
Can anyone help me with the paperwork side of the mcs for solar thermal .im looking for some guidelines or ideally an example of a solar thermal...
Replies
Views
SHARKEY
S
I know this is somewhat off topic but we've been asked to look at an existing Thermal system by one of our potential PV customers. It's 2 years...
Replies
Views
Hi there I'm new to the forum!:eek: I have recently purchased a worcester greenstar camray, diferential temp controller and solar panel. However...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back