Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 1.5mm to 4mm? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D Skelton

-
Mentor
Nearly Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can anyone think of a product that is suitable for connecting a 1.5mm fine stranded flexible cable (ferruled of course) to a 4mm single core stranded cable within a galv conduit box?

I'd like to avoid using a screwed connector block if possible. Ideally this connection would be maintenance free also.

Calm down , calm down
have you got shares in the company
I will go and buy one and try it ok
Any recommendations ? ?

don't make the schoolboy error of putting L and N into the same connector as if it were a choc block. ( it has been done, believe me). and the push in ones are for solid and coarse stranded olny .use the lever ones if any cables are fine stranded. e.g. flex.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The 221s look useful; I'm thinking of tight light fittings with a mix of solid and fine stranded.

Have you found a source for these?

Only one I've found so far is an eBay seller in Germany who won't post outside Germany.
Wago 221, Wagoklemmen Set 221-412/413/415 | eBay

This series doesn't seem to show up on the local Wago online shopping site, but it did show up if I went via WAGO ? Verbindungs- und Automatisierungstechnik, then when ordering, it shows as available "On request", and there is a "Request item" button. I didn't go any further, as I don't actually need any right now, my guess is they have introduced them first in Germany, and they will arrive here in due course.

I'll try that again.
What are the specific circumstances where you need a 1.5mm2 to 4.0mm2 connection?

I'm dropping lengths of 1.5mm curly HO7 from ceiling height down to two way 16A 60309 modular outlets (110V) supported by spring balancers in five places. I don't want the voltage drop to the point on the ceiling where I drop the flex down exceeding 8V (there is my submain to take into account also with a max design VD of 3V). The lengths of cable back to the tranny (which will be mounted next to the DB I will be installing) from each ceiling mounting point are 46, 48m, 50m, 52m and 54m. The equipment that will be plugged in to the 60309 outlets will be two 800W loads at each point, likely to be subject to continuos operation. The calcs come out at 4mm cable for reference method B.

He only asked a question ffs How does that question your competence

It's not the question in itself that did so, it was the way in which he asked it. Had he started out with something more like; "Out of interest, what is the reason you're joining....." then my response would have been somewhat different.

The 221s look useful; I'm thinking of tight light fittings with a mix of solid and fine stranded.

Have you found a source for these?

Only one I've found so far is an eBay seller in Germany who won't post outside Germany.
Wago 221, Wagoklemmen Set 221-412/413/415 | eBay

My wholesaler (YESSS) will order them in direct from Wago no problem :)

My wholesaler (YESSS) will order them in direct from Wago no problem :)

Hmm. I sent an e-mail to Wago UK, enquiring about UK distributors stocking this line. Here's the reply:

Hi Andrew,

The 221 series is a new item which will not be available in the UK until Jan 2015. Please see attached some information. [product data sheet]

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Sarah

Sarah Burrows

Product Manager - Installer Connectors

WAGO Limited

Hmm. I sent an e-mail to Wago UK, enquiring about UK distributors stocking this line. Here's the reply:

Hi Andrew,

The 221 series is a new item which will not be available in the UK until Jan 2015. Please see attached some information. [product data sheet]

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Sarah

Sarah Burrows

Product Manager - Installer Connectors

WAGO Limited

Hmm, thanks for that. I guess that leaves me with only the 862-503s as an option, short of crimping them together as per Rock's suggestion.

Reply to 1.5mm to 4mm? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net