Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 1.5mm to 4mm? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D Skelton

-
Mentor
Nearly Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can anyone think of a product that is suitable for connecting a 1.5mm fine stranded flexible cable (ferruled of course) to a 4mm single core stranded cable within a galv conduit box?

I'd like to avoid using a screwed connector block if possible. Ideally this connection would be maintenance free also.

I'm sure you are more than capable of working past that tiny issue!! Personally i never use PVC coloured butt crimps far too bulky for my liking, i go for the bare tube crimps and heatshrink...

I'm sure you are more than capable of working past that tiny issue!! Personally i never use PVC coloured butt crimps far too bulky for my liking, i go for the bare tube crimps and heatshrink...

Yes, I know lol, my question is, do I even want to work past this issue? lol.

A 4mm stranded and a 1.5mm flexible into the same end of a butt crimp and crunch just seems a little too 'last resort bodgery' for my liking lol. I'm sure it'd be fine, but I always think about what the next spark will say when he comes along and sees that!

I think I'll go with five of the 862-503 connectors for now. If I struggle on site with them then I've always got yellow butts on the van for back up!

Do we not have any members in Germany (don't mention the war....), that could order the Wago connectors and post them to you?

If you visit www.ebay.de, and search for Wago 221, you can find quite a few listings for these.
Now my German is not too good, but I think you can get them shipped to the UK - it should say if not.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm dropping lengths of 1.5mm curly HO7 from ceiling height down to two way 16A 60309 modular outlets (110V) supported by spring balancers in five places. I don't want the voltage drop to the point on the ceiling where I drop the flex down exceeding 8V (there is my submain to take into account also with a max design VD of 3V). The lengths of cable back to the tranny (which will be mounted next to the DB I will be installing) from each ceiling mounting point are 46, 48m, 50m, 52m and 54m. The equipment that will be plugged in to the 60309 outlets will be two 800W loads at each point, likely to be subject to continuos operation. The calcs come out at 4mm cable for reference method B.
Thank you kindly for the civil explanation.

It's not the question in itself that did so, it was the way in which he asked it. Had he started out with something more like; "Out of interest, what is the reason you're joining....." then my response would have been somewhat different.
You mean you must not be asked a simple direct question without it requiring a degree in diplomacy??

Thank you kindly for the civil explanation.

No problem, thank you for the civil question

You mean you must not be asked a simple direct question without it requiring a degree in diplomacy??

No degree in diplomacy needed. My advice to you however would be not to start questions with; "Unless I missed it, there seems an obvious question here not yet asked", unless you intend to surreptitiously accuse the implicated party of incompetence or arouse suspicion towards evidence given.

It adds a tone to the question that is entirely unneccessary.

If the question was truly meant with no degree of sanctimonious intent then I apologise for my stern response. This is one problem however with the typed, as opposed to the spoken word.

No problem, thank you for the civil question

No degree in diplomacy needed. My advice to you however would be not to start questions with; "Unless I missed it, there seems an obvious question here not yet asked", unless you intend to surreptitiously accuse the implicated party of incompetence or arouse suspicion towards evidence given.

It adds a tone to the question that is entirely unneccessary.
It was a perfectly civil and totally disingenuous question.
If you read it any other way that was not because of any intent on my part - it was inference on yours.
So, I accept your apology on that basis.

If you visit www.ebay.de, and search for Wago 221, you can find quite a few listings for these.
Now my German is not too good, but I think you can get them shipped to the UK - it should say if not.
fool

just change setting from uk only to world wide

[ElectriciansForums.net] 1.5mm to 4mm?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Reply to 1.5mm to 4mm? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net