best boards | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss best boards in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anything but mk they are such poor quality now, and to think they used to be the brand for superior quality

only wylex or crabtree for me

Mk's quality has definitely taken a nose dive, the early sentrys were good and even had a sort of rubber grommet thing for top and bottom entries on the boards (on the placcy units), would have been ideal for this situation.

Speak of the devil, heres what the OP needs on ebay at a bargain price to! MK Sentry 4 Way Consumer unit board box | eBay

EDIT - Bargain until you see the postage price!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The best single phase DB that I have used was a Le Grand there are earth & neutral bars on both sides of the DB running vertically this stops the cable coming out the top of the breakers clashing with the earths & the neutrals. The breakers were also solid not slanting to the side like Mk.

The best single phase DB that I have used was a Le Grand there are earth & neutral bars on both sides of the DB running vertically this stops the cable coming out the top of the breakers clashing with the earths & the neutrals. The breakers were also solid not slanting to the side like Mk.

Eaton Cus are the same. Sometimes expensive but they are very good quality IMO

Back to this, I do agree a Hager is a good board, I fitted a few recently and did like the look of them, as mentioned by somersets the square D is a little dodgy, well not so much now, but the old versions especially in 3 phase were dreadful, the main incomer could spring out at you at anytime if the incoming cables large, they had to redesign the board after many complaints a few years back and the domestic boards were similar with the breakers being able to pop out, of course very seldom and they are better with the latest versions, I don't like the fact the whole cover removed and just a back plate in place either myself but that's personal preference, much better now of course with the KQ range of metal industrial boards but still not sure about the SQ types if they are still around.

Agreed ^^ Hager is always my preferred choice.

But back to the OP, if you're concerned about the top IP rating being affected, just fit the board upside down.

Proteus shame on you jay sparks :winkiss:

Not my choice....believe me!!! this was the board the sparky I was subbing for bought!! I dont think he'll be buying one again!!!!!lol Not after the few choice words I had with him after fit it!!lol

- - - Updated - - -

fitted me an MK in the end had good top cut outs. anyone know what British General are like ? screwfix do a fully loaded board for about £60.

Not bad, I've fit a few...Nice and easy to work on!!

Reply to best boards in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net