best boards | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss best boards in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

how dare you jamie!!!

I didnt mean too...honest!!! I was forced into it. They really are s*$t boards though!!

[ElectriciansForums.net] best boards

Not the finished article, so go easy on me. This was done in about 45 mins!!! I tried switching it on but it didnt work!!!WTF! Oh yeah, the tails where missing..lol Only yoking!!! Really crap board....not alot of space to swan neck the lines.

The best single phase DB that I have used was a Le Grand there are earth & neutral bars on both sides of the DB running vertically this stops the cable coming out the top of the breakers clashing with the earths & the neutrals. The breakers were also solid not slanting to the side like Mk.

Yep only problem is you cannot buy them in the uk well I couldnt had a couple of jobs in some flats that were all Le Grand and ended up on EBay to get spares as I noticed not one board had a full set of Legrand breakers

Electricficfix at screwfix sells them, same as the old tenby boards. :)

Well they may have them in their product range but muggins here could not buy any as the girl on th phone said I could order them when the stock levels came back up but the guy at the trade counter said don't bother this means they are discontinuing the line.

I went and phoned every electrical wholesaler in Edinburgh and even online but fleabay was the only one where I could get them mind there is about 100 flats here and I have been in 4 at each one does not have a full set of Legrand MCBs in them so thats tell me there was problems getting them or the builders were too lazy by jamming in other makes.

Also just to add if you go on the screwfix site and select a Legrand MCB then check your stores stock levels and you cannot even get it delivered the next day because their central store does not have them. Mind this for me this was 2 months ago yet Screwfix are still advertising them but not stocking them they also used to stock a good budget Manrose centrifuegal fan but discontinued it yet speaking to Manrose it was a good seller but muggins here now has to pay 40% more to get it delivered plus I never got an explanation from Screwfix why they discontinued it yet advertise MCBs they cannot supply ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they may have them in their product range but muggins here could not buy any as the girl on th phone said I could order them when the stock levels came back up but the guy at the trade counter said don't bother this means they are discontinuing the line.

I went and phoned every electrical wholesaler in Edinburgh and even online but fleabay was the only one where I could get them mind there is about 100 flats here and I have been in 4 at each one does not have a full set of Legrand MCBs in them so thats tell me there was problems getting them or the builders were too lazy by jamming in other makes.

Also just to add if you go on the screwfix site and select a Legrand MCB then check your stores stock levels and you cannot even get it delivered the next day because their central store does not have them. Mind this for me this was 2 months ago yet Screwfix are still advertising them but not stocking them they also used to stock a good budget Manrose centrifuegal fan but discontinued it yet speaking to Manrose it was a good seller but muggins here now has to pay 40% more to get it delivered plus I never got an explanation from Screwfix why they discontinued it yet advertise MCBs they cannot supply ?

Aye your probably right, I seen them in the catalogue, never tried to buy them ;-)

I was looking for 32,16&6 and could not get them the girl said the system will not let you buy or order them if we do not have them in stock I think they had 42A & 50A but at the time that told me I could only get them once their stock level came back up.

As for the fan I do rental repairs so a bulk of my work was bathroom fan failures where some idiot had fitted an axial fan in a bathroom where the duct was longer than 1-1.5 metres so the draw was poor . Manrose make a very good budget centrifuegal timer fan CF100 that does the job and screwfix was selling it at £25 then discontinued it yet had no equivilent fan ie 150x150 with 100mm duct.

Thing is I now have to get it delivered at the cost of £40 but the letting agent wants the same price. So my theory is sparks who dont know any better are fitting axial fans because thats all they can get cheap at screwfix wish I had bought a pile of them when screwfix reduced them to £17 to get rid of their stock lol

I've recently started using bg boards after being a Wylex fan, simply because the Wylex rcbos are now around £25 each before vat from my wholesaler, and the bg are around £20. I think the bg boards are good quality and well thought out. My only gripe would be that on the larger dual boards the rcd links are a bit too long and a tad untidy. I prefer to use all rcbo up to 8 way but after that it becomes a bit expensive.

Reply to best boards in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net